I'm considering the Brain Bag, and I have a few questions for current owners.
First, I'll try to give you some context. If you want to skip this part and get straight to the questions, you can find them in bold at the bottom of this post.
I find that I prefer backpacks as opposed to the convertible bags for travel. Currently, I have an MEI Executive Overnighter, and carry it as a backpack 100% of the time. This poses a few problems for me (in no particular order):
1. It's a huge bag, and since I'm still learning how to do this one-bag thing, it's almost always over packed and weighs at least 30 pounds.
2. It's not designed to be a backpack, so carrying it fully loaded on my shoulders for a long time is uncomfortable.
3. Not enough pockets. I take lots of electronics on my trips, most of which are for in-flight / airport entertainment. I don't want to have to dig through the bag to find them. In addition to this, there's no space for a water bottle.
4. I travel with a minimum of two laptops. The EO just doesn't have a convenient place to keep these. I can usually make do with the middle compartment, but it's always difficult to fish them out for TSA.
5. It doesn't meet strict international carry-on regulations.
After looking around for a solid backpack, I found the Brain Bag. I love the way this bag looks. It seems to be a good size, can hold two laptops, has plenty of pockets, appears to be rugged and is very well reviewed.
Can any current owners of this bag help me with a few questions?
1. How comfortable is it to lug this bag around when it's heavy and loaded to the gills?
2. Have you ever had any issues using this bag as a carry on?
3. How much can you fit in to it? Can you give an example of your packing list?
4. What's the best thing about this bag?
5. What's the worse thing about this bag (besides the price)?