Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: 2012 Wish List

I've been thinking about the Field Journal more now that I've seen dorayme uses hers as a planner as that's how I would use mine. I would love to see the Field Journal offered in the Dyneema fabric (UV, please).
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I am getting introduced to "ultralight" backpacks. None look as elegant as TB bags, but a back pack that weighs 1.65 lbs hauling 15 to 20 lbs is a revelation.

So my wish is for a version of the Synapse in all dyneema, no padded backside (although a thin framesheet between 2 layers of dyneema would be awesome), shoulder straps made of dyneema with minimal padding. Keep the all the rest of the design & features of the Synapse.

Saw a reference to sapphire dyneema, and so I'm going to add yet another wish: the return of sapphire or some other medium or light blue dyneema. Something like storm could be a fun dyneema color.

The Cordura Synapse is only 1.56 lbs so I'm sure the Dyneema version is already less than that!
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

I want a Dyneema Side Effect! Kind of like the PCSB. In Iberian! Oh, that would be perfect for Gameday too since our colors are Red and Black. *sigh* I could get together an order for at least 5 of those right now if that helps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I am getting introduced to "ultralight" backpacks. None look as elegant as TB bags, but a back pack that weighs 1.65 lbs hauling 15 to 20 lbs is a revelation.

So my wish is for a version of the Synapse in all dyneema, no padded backside (although a thin framesheet between 2 layers of dyneema would be awesome), shoulder straps made of dyneema with minimal padding. Keep the all the rest of the design & features of the Synapse.
    The Synapse in Dyneema is already lighter than 1.65 lbs. I personally wouldn't give up the padding in the backside, which makes it extremely comfortable. Here are some weight specs for the Synapse (and the Co-Pilot) from an earlier post in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I would suggest for now that the Synapse is a good choice for a bag that will handle both iPad and a 13" laptop, and also fit under seats. It's larger than these solutions, though, mainly because of the abillity to add depth. However, if you don't fill it up, it will compress a bit. Also, the Cordura Synapse is the same weight as the Imago (1 lb. 9 oz.), and the Dyneema version is 3 oz. lighter. Co-Pilot beats this (1 lb. 1.2 oz. for Ballistic Nylon and 11.2 oz. for Dyneema), of course.

Synapse Dimensions: 16" x 11.5" x 7.9"
    Imago: 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5"
    Co-Pilot: 12" x 10" x 5"

Synapse Volume: 19 liters
    Imago: 13.5 liters
    Co-Pilot: 10 liters

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Do wishes from these wish lists ever come true?
    Other items, from wish list or feedback elsewhere in the forums: internal compression straps for the Aeronaut and (I think) long and colored key straps and handle loop carrier.

The Dyneema Synapse—was that by popular demand?

(Still hoping for a Synapse-sized Freudian Slip, for paper more than extra pockets.)
    Last edited by gmanedit; 03-17-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added Dyneema Synapse question.

Please make a Steel Dyneema/UV Synapse!!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Please make a Steel Dyneema/UV Synapse!!
    PLEASE! That would be amazing! I love the Steel Dyneema for the exterior since it is the most professional-looking of the Dyneema colors, but I don't like the Solar Dyneema interior of the Steel Dyneema exterior of the Synapse which I have. And anything purple is always my favorite!

So, to be clear, what we wish for is a Steel Dyneema exterior with an Ultraviolet Dyneema interior Synapse.
    (Although more bags with that combination would be welcome.)
    TXGirl and Walker like this.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

I wonder if TB would consider a special production run of the Synapse (& the Co-Pilot, while I am wishing) in steel dyneema exterior with ultraviolet dyneema interior if there are enough of us who will be happy to pre-order. Would TB consider putting up a poll to gauge interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I wonder if TB would consider a special production run of the Synapse (& the Co-Pilot, while I am wishing) in steel dyneema exterior with ultraviolet dyneema interior if there are enough of us who will be happy to pre-order. Would TB consider putting up a poll to gauge interest?
    I would definitely buy both. It would require some financial juggling (I'm a student), but I could make it work!
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

A Cache for my 15.3 inch screen HP laptop, in "not-black" or "not-steel". NW WA is too gloomy to use a dark color case!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    A Cache for my 15.3 inch screen HP laptop, in "not-black" or "not-steel". NW WA is too gloomy to use a dark color case!
    I love Steel but if fighting gloomy is what you want you might want to ask Dorayme to make you some peonies!

Instant and removable Spring cheer!

JLE
    I wish Darcy would put an end to my misery and tell me which colour combos the Western Flyer will be coming in moving forward (pretty please?). Hopefully the folks at TB can hear my "Cardinal, Cardinal, Cardinal..." thought waves! As soon as I know, we'll become a 2 WF household!

Oooooo, this part might actually be doable : a return of the "retiring colors/designs" thread. So I could've gotten the Ultraviolet Synapse :-(
    Obviously I know that real-time inventory isn't possible, but some kind of "the next batch of ______ won't have ______ exteriors or ______ interiors" notice?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0