Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: 2012 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    I second the wish for a larger Synapse, like a Brain Bag sized Synapse! My kids ogle my Synapse and beg me to get them one. And I would... but like others have mentioned, it's just not big enough for upper elementary and middle school kids with their books and notebooks and lunches and sports equipment. If you made a larger sized Synapse I would buy 8 of them (not all at the same time, though!)

Another wish: Cardinal/Solar combo....of anything! Can you imagine anything cheerier?!

Also, a medium sized pouch that had the same dimensions as it currently does except with more depth....the medium size would be perfect for diapers and wipes if it could fit an inch or two of thickness. Those of us who cart around diapers in multiple sizes (perhaps I'm the only one!!) would find this very handy indeed!

I have both the Brain Bag and the Synapse.

I bought the Brain Bag first, it is the best large size backpack on the market, hands down!

I bought a second Brain Bag and they, are, my husband and I travel bags inside the U.S. One held very heavy books for a class we took together and they have been invaluable in all our car travel within the U.S as well as move(s).

The Synapse has been designed as a small Brain Bag, people with a shorter or smaller frame than the average 5'7" person wanted them.

I wanted one to go around town.

If you look at them on the Backpack page, given my nickname you know that I have spent a lot time there, you can see that the Synapse and Brain Bag have the same configuration.

The Brain Bag has no lower pocket because it would be awkward to take stuff out of there from a full Brain Bag.
    The water bottle pocket is replaced by the ingenious clip and strap setup which enable items bulkier than water bottles to be transported, such as a tripod or a packable wind breaker...

Get the Brain Bag for all your upper elementary and middle school children!

This way they won't have to endure the muscle pain and utter frustration brought on by the many other bags before I found and bought my loverly Brain Bags.
    Last edited by backpack; 03-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    marcus likes this.

Ditto to the requests for a larger organizer wallet. I would carry my iPod in it, and put headphones and a charging cable on the other side of the divider. I'd love to be able to carry cables in the same pouch as my small electronics, but with separation to avoid scratches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A slightly larger Synapse, and a slightly smaller Cafe Bag--for use as an everyday purse that could fit inside another bag. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Ditto to the requests for a larger organizer wallet. I would carry my iPod in it, and put headphones and a charging cable on the other side of the divider. I'd love to be able to carry cables in the same pouch as my small electronics, but with separation to avoid scratches.
    Meanwhile, could you cut an Ultrasuede Screen Cloth to fit in your pouch of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Meanwhile, could you cut an Ultrasuede Screen Cloth to fit in your pouch of choice?
    Why not just fold it? I keep mine in a mini pouch.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

WhiteStar, the point was to have a divider in a small pouch. I don't know if a folded one would achieve a slim pouch that could also hold other things. I haven't tried it. I don't have any Screen Cloths.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

The items on my wish list have already been mentioned but I'll add my vote for a larger Synapse and a black Little Swift!

I would also like to see the Synapse made of the ballistic nylon
    123veo likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I'd love a larger wallet to use for coupons -- right now, I'm using a small Clear Organizing Pouch, but I would really like dividers built into the pouch.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I have both the Brain Bag and the Synapse.

Get the Brain Bag for all your upper elementary and middle school children!

This way they won't have to endure the muscle pain and utter frustration brought on by the many other bags before I found and bought my loverly Brain Bags.
    Yep, that's the plan! I think we'll limp through the rest of this school year and place some Brain Bag orders this summer! Hopefully the TB crew will add more color choices down the road for the Brain Bag as I usually don't duplicate colors, makes it too hard for the kids to tell whose is whose. So, TB crew, start stocking up on Brain Bags...I may clean you out in one fell swoop
    dorayme likes this.

Do wishes from these wish lists ever come true?

I'll second the wish for a black ballistic Little Swift.

I'd fall hard for anything with black on the outside and UV Dyneema as the lining (yes, I have the Synapse in that color combo). A MCB in Black with Dyneema UV would be amazing.

Anything in Plum
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    The wish list is a form of unsolicited crowdsourcing--after all, active Forum members are only a small percentage of TB's entire customer base. However, sometimes if enough people say they want something and the bag experts decide if it's a feasible design, perhaps it gets developed and added to the rotation. Case in point: the PCBP, which, if I'm not mistaken, was the result of Forum input and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I would also like to see the Synapse made of the ballistic nylon
    I just bought a navy Synapse in Cordura and I must say that I'm completely pleased with it. I've also considered the prospect of a Synapse made with ballistic but I wonder about the potential compromises. Would weight or performance suffer? I like the look of ballistic but Cordura's been very good to me over the years.

I remember getting my first navy Eastpak in Cordura (back when they were still made here in the U.S.) in middle school. I went through backpacks made of other fabrics about twice a year and thought Cordura was some kind of miracle fabric. It lasted something like four or five years after torturous loads and abuse. I think the zipper, not the fabric, finally failed.

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Two items come to mind: the RFID Blocking Passport Pouch and the Ballistic Organizer Pouches.

Thanks, Badger and gmanedit. It is nice to know that the possibility exists!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0