Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: 2012 Wish List

1 - a wallet in the next-size-up pouch size. When I put in several (credit/insurance/AAA/etc.) cards in the center, my driver's license in the front, and bills (folded) in the back section, it's hard to get anything out. And I still have to use another pouch for coins.

2 - a shorter key strap. I stapled my 8" strap so the clips butt up against each other to make it a 4.5" strap, which works very well indeed, but an even shorter one (just enough strap to attach the hooks) would be even better.
    Last edited by kcarroll55; 02-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Lani and dorayme like this.
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

Actually, I'm going to add one more thing to my wishlist:

organizer wallet and pouches with just the o ring instead of the full clip. There was the thread about this not too long ago, and I've been thinking about it as I use some of my pouches and my synapse. While I like having the clip on bags that I'm using for certain things, I think I'd like most of my pouches to NOT have the clip but just a simple o ring so I can clip it more simply to a key strap.

Even if it's not available in all colors and materials, it'd be a nice option.

I want to also add to my list and second the requests for Clear Organizer Wallets sized like the small pouch and some options pouches with rings vs. clips.
    Janine likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Seeing those sexy new all-black ballistic OPs on the blog today made me wish for the following: a TB knife roll/case in ballistic, with slots for 5-9 knives, a steel, thermometer, shears, etc. They could be sold with a 5% donation to SOS. Yes, I do sometimes travel with knives. I hate my current knife case because sometimes when I unzip the main cavity the g.d. knives fall out. Luckily I haven't had any of my toes lopped off.

A knife roll would be fantastic. I'd be all over that.

I second the wish for a larger Synapse, like a Brain Bag sized Synapse! My kids ogle my Synapse and beg me to get them one. And I would... but like others have mentioned, it's just not big enough for upper elementary and middle school kids with their books and notebooks and lunches and sports equipment. If you made a larger sized Synapse I would buy 8 of them (not all at the same time, though!)

Another wish: Cardinal/Solar combo....of anything! Can you imagine anything cheerier?!

Also, a medium sized pouch that had the same dimensions as it currently does except with more depth....the medium size would be perfect for diapers and wipes if it could fit an inch or two of thickness. Those of us who cart around diapers in multiple sizes (perhaps I'm the only one!!) would find this very handy indeed!
    dorayme likes this.

@Tlacltme have you looked at the CQPC? It even has dividers. I just got one for travel, and one to make a knitting kit and hold all of my notions and needles. They have been in my possession for maybe three hours and they are shooting up there into favorite accessory status! The footprint isn't as wide as the Medium OP, but they make up for it in depth. I could easily see one as a diaper insert into a larger bag, or as a car backup. I can fit 4 size 2-4 disposable training pants into one side plus have room for cream. I can fit three large AIO cloth dipes into one side. It fits nicely into my larger bags that have width to them. you could also use one side for dipes and the other for a change of clothes. If you haven't, you may want to check it out for your 3-d medium OP.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, @rabergnc. I missed the old wish list, too.

Dear Santa (I mean Tom),

I just know I'm going to be really good in 2012, so I think it's fair to send you my wish list early. That way you have plenty of time to get things ready for me. As I display spectacular behavior over the year, I'll send you updates so you can prepare rewards for me commensurate with my awesomeness.

1. A Side Effect without the waist strap. Many members of the forum contributed ideas for modifications, but we were almost universal in our wish to lose the waist strap.

2. A Tom Bihn diaper bag, hopefully soon so that I can use it for my little dudes.

3. A real-time list of what Organizer Pouches are available so I can use that information when planning larger bag purchases. Or when I just need a little treat.

4. The option for Organizer Pouches with an o-ring instead of the snaphook assembly.

5. New Dyneema colors.

6. Return of some older bags that have been retired, like the Utility Tote. Maybe as limited runs in new colors. I think this would be a fun way to celebrate the history of the Tom Bihn product line.

7. A Side Effect without the waist strap. I know I already said this one, but I really want it. And I wanted to make sure you were listening.

That's all I have time for now, San-Tom, but I'll stay in touch.

Thanks!
    Janine
    Dear San-Tom,

I would like all of what Janine wants! (Oh, but not the diaper bag because babies are still a few years away for me).

Love,
    Darbi

oooohhh, dorayme! Thanks for the tip! I will definitely give the CQPC a try...looking right now

I like my Guardian Dual Function Light: TOM BIHN very much. I would be very happy if Tom Bihn Inc would source a whistle and a doorstop made in the U.S.A or like the Lifefactory Glass Water Bottle: TOM BIHN manufactured by sustainable sources and resources.
    Lani likes this.

i would love to see ballistic cafe bags at some point! i loveloveLOVE my ballistic imago (and especially that fact that pet hair doesn't particularly cling to it; my catbuddy is a prolific shedder), but sometimes it's a little bigger than i'd like for an edc. a SCB would be the perfect size, but i very much prefer ballistic to cordura.

Quote Originally Posted by capncat View Post
    i would love to see ballistic cafe bags at some point! i loveloveLOVE my ballistic imago (and especially that fact that pet hair doesn't particularly cling to it; my catbuddy is a prolific shedder), but sometimes it's a little bigger than i'd like for an edc. a SCB would be the perfect size, but i very much prefer ballistic to cordura.
    Go Davenport! Iowa City here.

I think/suspect that Ballistic nylon is too heavy and stiff for the Café Bag. One nice thing (or, I guess, infuriating thing) about the Café Bag is that it's relatively unstructured and the Cordura fabric has a lot of nice give to it. And TB Cordura is not quite the hair magnet you might think. I have two corgis, and unless they lie right on top of my MCB, very little hair gets on it. A lint roller takes care of any offending clumps.

But since you weren't asking anyone to persuade you about Cordura, would a Ballistic iPad Ristretto fit your needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Go Davenport! Iowa City here.

I think/suspect that Ballistic nylon is too heavy and stiff for the Café Bag. One nice thing (or, I guess, infuriating thing) about the Café Bag is that it's relatively unstructured and the Cordura fabric has a lot of nice give to it. And TB Cordura is not quite the hair magnet you might think. I have two corgis, and unless they lie right on top of my MCB, very little hair gets on it. A lint roller takes care of any offending clumps.

But since you weren't asking anyone to persuade you about Cordura, would a Ballistic iPad Ristretto fit your needs?
    yey iowa! we're practically neighbors!

good call on the ristretto, actually! i thought it was bigger than it is, for some reason. i had initially thought that the ipad ristretto might be a smudge big and a little bit of overkill since my ipad generally stays at home, but it miiiiiight actually work? ...that, or i may have to order a scb and see how badly little dude's hair actually clings to it.

the lower price and lighter weight of the scb definitely are appealing since i tend to carry smaller bags primarily in the summer (no mittens or other winter acoutrements to schlep around!), but i bet either would be just fine.

I counted six corgi hairs on the MCB just now; they pulled off in about 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think/suspect that Ballistic nylon is too heavy and stiff for the Café Bag. One nice thing (or, I guess, infuriating thing) about the Café Bag is that it's relatively unstructured and the Cordura fabric has a lot of nice give to it.
    I'd be interested in going the other direction and seeing it in Dyneema, and basically turning it into a slouch bag.
    Janine likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0