Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: 2012 Wish List

I'm a bike commuter and would really like to see blinky light loops on TB bags. Specifically on the Synapse! Also a smaller Aeronaut, and if that's not in the works, then I'd like to grow a few inches so it would fit me better.
    Last edited by Rocks; 02-03-2012 at 03:22 PM.

KmK
    I'd like a pouch sized, say, medium and a half...big enough for a Moleskine-type notebook...perhaps in that lovely blue ultrasuede of the coveted FOT pouch (sigh!) or a sapphire Dyneema? Might be cool too to have sorting sleeves (a la organizer wallet) available in the large pouch, also.

(BTW, just added a Co-Pilot to the collection and am loving it...love the size, the fact that it's ballistic cloth, the organization, the "contained-ness" of it-- lots fits into a neat small square (ish). It will double as a EDC when I need to look a little more put together. My Cafe bags suit my personality well, but this does too in its own way... a little tidier, but also different/unique.)
    Lani and Espresso like this.

OK I'll take the bait. I'll also wind up carrying over some stuff from my 2011 wish list, but here goes:

#1) 3-D Clear Organizer in solid panels rather than clear, for us ladies who want discreteness (and a convertible tiny crossbody when all we want is to carry our wallet and phone).

#2) Side Effect in Dyneema

#3) A "Packing Cube Messenger Duffel" -- essentially, taking the exact same pattern of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and enlarging it into the size of the Packing Cube Backpack. This gives us the same utility as the PC Backpack, but gives a gym bag/duffel bag/messenger bag. I love the PCSB but sometimes it's a little too small, and I want something bigger. A Packing Cube Messenger Duffel would do the same.

#4) Travel Tray with a clear bottom!

$5) More Dyneema colors!

There are more (including cafe bags and Western Flyers in Dyneema--but I don't foresee those happening), so I think that's it for now.
    Janine and dmilem like this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Cool Medium Swift!

I would LOVE a medium-sized Swift. Don't get me wrong- I love my Little Swift and Swift, but an in-between size would be PERFECT. Would buy one in a heartbeat.

Goldilocks Syndrome here- one's too small for everything for the blanket I'm working on (and will be working on for ages at this rate), the other's great for holding tons of stuff but more than I need in a daily carry. Medium would be just right.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Sad, but unfortunately an all too common experience. Was it the 15/13 Black/Iberian Cadet (judging from your past posts expressing admiration for this color combination)?
    Yes. I think I'm going to get a Steel dyneema Synapse to console myself.

Such great ideas....I really like this one and agree completely ..

And maybe a "Super-Synapse". Exactly the same as the current bag but 20% bigger. I know that Smart Alec is intended to be in this space but the organization/pocket configuration on the Synapse is as perfect as I can imagine for a travel bag... it is just a tad small.

I ordered a Smart Alec today for my soon-to-be 12 year old son. He's currently carrying an olive Synapse and loves it, but it's just too small for his load of books. If only a larger Synapse would have been available....
    Happy owner of Steel Tristar, Steel Side Effect, Plum Medium Cafe Bag (my first TB), Indigo Synapse, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, various pouches and organizer cubes, Cache.

I wish that the iPhone/cell phone pockets in my Tom Bihn bags were bigger so that they could accommodate phones with cases...

I wish for a nappy bag preferably before September
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanper View Post
    I wish for a nappy bag preferably before September
    Ooh, congratulations!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    $5) More Dyneema colors!
    I know that substituting the dollar sign ($) for the number sign (#) as a prefix to wish list item 5 was just a typo, but it seems like such an appropriate Freudian slip: <More Dyneema colors> = <More $ spent>. As a minor wish list addition, I wish they would produce a batch of the Small Shop Bags in the existing Dyneema color of Iberian red.
    Lani and daisy like this.

Quad-Star - 22x14x9 MLC Carry-on with design of Tri-Star, just slightly larger..
    I'd buy one today...
    JonP likes this.

extra O-ring on cafe bag.

I love my Med. Cafe bag. The only thing I would add to it is an O-ring in the back slip-in pocket. I would love to have keys and such back there, clipped in, worry free...

I would still love a Brain Bag made of ballistic nylon with one bigger pocket on the front that could hold a couple of TB 3-D Clear Organizer Pouches, etc. (instead of the current 2 narrow ones).

Quote Originally Posted by iamsarar View Post
    I love my Med. Cafe bag. The only thing I would add to it is an O-ring in the back slip-in pocket. I would love to have keys and such back there, clipped in, worry free...
    I second that!
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I know that substituting the dollar sign ($) for the number sign (#) as a prefix to wish list item 5 was just a typo, but it seems like such an appropriate Freudian slip: <More Dyneema colors> = <More $ spent>. As a minor wish list addition, I wish they would produce a batch of the Small Shop Bags in the existing Dyneema color of Iberian red.
    Hehe, that was indeed a little slip.

Actually, I want to add to my list. In addition to a Packing Cube Duffel, I would love to see a larger Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Same width and depth as the current one, but "taller" so it's a little more squarish than the current one, but still small enough to easily carry as a purse/day bag. It would let me carry an iPad in it vertically, as well as a little rolled up cardigan and still be able to fit the stuff I would normally carry around during the day.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0