Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: 2012 Wish List

baglover, have you looked at the Swift and the Swift in Cork? They are "designed" for knitters, but not to the point that they couldn't be used for any other purpose that one might carry a tote bag. I use mine for all kinds of things as well as my knitting. There are two generous interior zip pockets, two smaller slip style pockets. The top closure doesn't zip, but the design of the top and the button tab, combined with the fact that you can clip in the contents into the 6 internal o-rings means that my contents don't dump, even if I take a hard stop and it flys off my passenger seat. The size is between the Shop Bag sizes, but very capacious. And it's not made for electronics, though I have carried my laptop and iPad in sleeves inside my Swifts on different occasions.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I do have the large Swift. It's a great bag. If it had a top closing zipper it would be even more perfect for me. It just feels so open, security-wise.

Have you tried any of the large Organizer Pouches inside of it to keep papers from would be prying eyes and fingers? They would also clip into o-rings.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    baglover, have you looked at the Swift and the Swift in Cork?
    The ONLY druther on those is that they don't zip up completely across the top. I love to use the Swift but I can't really put anything valuable in it, especially for travel purposes.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

The solution to the zip up problem is to place a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in the Swift. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag can even be secured using Key Straps clipped on each side of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and the side O rings in the Swift.

Beside providing 2 extra zippered compartment the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag make a great divider for documents in a Large Pouch or an iPad or a Kit for cute stuff and Yarn Stuff Sack for EDC small needlework project.

As far as security is concerned, I traveled around DC Metro and other public transport agencies as well as inside highway rest stop with that setup, in all kind of crowded conditions.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Cool

I would like to speak to Tom directly, see more people want that Side Effect sans waist strap Plus more than 2 colours would be lovely Black and Purple are great colours though! I about cried when I read the hint about an Upsized Co-Pilot. I haven't bought one because its just a little bit too small for me and I love it so much and would get it in a larger size. Those 2 thoughts stated I'm waiting for my wishes to be filled and then I will make a complete order of a

1. Co-Pilot $110-125 (for the uptick in price)
    2. Side Effect (2) $60-90
    3. Stuff Sacks (2) $30 for 2
    4. Travel Tray $22
    5. Nook Simple Touch Pouch in Ultrasuede $20
    6. A Shop Bag $30

Thats round $275 in change, what's that hold up? We're talking big money here! (Ummm, I say this all respectfully of course.)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katiya View Post
    I would like to speak to Tom directly, see more people want that Side Effect sans waist strap
    You have been heard! Side Effect sans waist strap will be available in sometime early 2013.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

A Side Effect without a waist strap is a great idea.

I, occasionally, carry my side effect inside my Large Cafe Bag and then clip it to the "o" rings via key straps for extra security. A Side Effect sans waist strap would save weight and space yet fulfill the same purpose. A Side Effect sans waist strap in 400d Dyneema would save even more weight.

Of course, the "D" rings would have to stay.

How's this for a marketing idea: A lightweight, beltless Side Effect that can be packed once with smaller items people want a little extra protection for--smartphone, wallet, camera, etc--and then moved from bag to bag without having to unpack it. It will fit in all of the TB Travel Bags and most of the EDC bags as well.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You have been heard! Side Effect sans waist strap will be available in sometime early 2013.
    Yippee! I LOVE how you "hear" your customers and care about what they want to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Yippee! I LOVE how you "hear" your customers and care about what they want to buy!
    You guys make it a fun thing for us to do.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Nli
    Here's hoping you guys also "hear" those of us who want a bit "more" Synapse.... Maybe call it Calyx of Held, a large synapse in the auditory / hearing pathway, or just neuromuscular junction, a large word for a common synapse type 😉

Thanks TB et al for your wonderful products and happy holidays!

Well this makes ordering now so much harder!! Any hints as to what colors this new Side Effect might come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Nli View Post
    Here's hoping you guys also "hear" those of us who want a bit "more" Synapse.... Maybe call it Calyx of Held, a large synapse in the auditory / hearing pathway, or just neuromuscular junction, a large word for a common synapse type ��

Thanks TB et al for your wonderful products and happy holidays!
    Hmm... would it give you hope to know that I just saw prototype of a larger Synapse today?

Nli
    Whoopee!! Now it it just fits my narrow shoulders better! Looking forward!

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Well this makes ordering now so much harder!! Any hints as to what colors this new Side Effect might come in?
    Ballistic:
    Black
    Aubergine

400d Dyneema:
    Steel
    Nordic

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0