Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rebez

Thread: So Many Bags to Choose From.. Help

So Many Bags to Choose From.. Help

Greetings Everyone,

This is my first time posting and have been thinking of purchasing a Tom Bihn bag for some time and now I'm ready to jump in.

I have read many reviews and noticed that most of the posts are for traveling and last night been tunneling through for a geek post and either I missed it or haven't found it. So if there is one my apologies.

My goal is to have a bag where I can carry my 15" MBP comfortably and still carry the following items:
    * 2- 1TB 2.5 Hard Drives including case
    * Headphones with extension cable
    * Wireless Keyboard
    * Wireless Mouse
    * 1 pack of AA batteries
    * Notebook
    * Pens
    * Lip balm, gum, sanitizer, electronic wipes

Now I'm thinking of the Large Cafe Bag to haul my every day gear minus my MBP. Looking for something that my husband doesn't mind carrying if the load gets too heavy no way is he going to be carrying something pink and girlie

But now my computer gear that I haul on a daily basis to work. I was thinking of Brain Cell but not sure if that over kill since I don't want to kill myself hauling my goodies.

What do you recommend?

Thank you all for the assistance and have a great day.

V/R,
    C.C.

Welcome! There are some very knowledgeable, experience folks on this forum and I am sure you will get many opinions regarding which bag might suit you. :-)

Do you prefer a messenger-style bag or a backpack or a briefcase? Do you want to fit these items snuggly, or would you rather still have plenty of room for spontaneous items?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thank you for the warm welcome Janine.

I have never tried a messenger bag before and was looking at the Ego bags. I like backpacks but open minded to try a messenger bag. I would like to have room in case I do see something when I'm out and about. Now for for my laptop I will only be taking that to work and perhaps to a LAN party if I ever find a geek club in my neck of the woods. But would like something to carry day to day when I'm out and not lugging my laptop. I hope this makes sense.

Hi Rebez,

I have the Ego and am currently using it for my daily commute to work.

I can fit all of my every day stuff into the front compartment under the flap with room to spare (looking at your list, I believe you would be able to also; I'm assuming its an Apple keyboard and that your headphones aren't too humongous ).

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to zip off the front bit (the bit under the flap) for the days I'm travelling light; I love the organisational possibilities that the multiple pockets give you but on days when I'm not carrying a laptop or gym kit, the rear, zipped, compartment is empty.

I think it would be ideal for the days when you're carrying your MBP (you might want to double check the sizing guides though ). I'd recommend the Absolute strap for a fully loaded Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebez View Post
    I have never tried a messenger bag before and was looking at the Ego bags. I like backpacks but open minded to try a messenger bag. I would like to have room in case I do see something when I'm out and about. Now for for my laptop I will only be taking that to work and perhaps to a LAN party if I ever find a geek club in my neck of the woods. But would like something to carry day to day when I'm out and not lugging my laptop. I hope this makes sense.

List under construction ....

I have a Synapse and it sounds like you could fit all of this into a Synapse with room to spare making it a very easy to carry pack leaving your hands free for your commute similar to what I do every day.
    S25 (French Blue), Brain Cell (size 5), Super Ego (Black/Black/Steel), Synapse (Black/Steel), Dyneema Organizer Pouch (Steel), Travel Tray (Steel), 2011 Mystery Gift (Cork), 2012 Mystery Gift (Navy/Nordic), Organizer Wallet (Navy), Kit (Steel), 3D Clear Organizer Cube (Steel), Mesh Ballistic Organizer Pouch (Med.), 2013 Mystery Gift (Parapack Grey)

Thank you all for your input. I think I'm going to go with the Ego. I have owned backpacks since I went to grade school and the one thing I hated about backpacks after wear and tear is that the zipper. If I have too much items and I open just a tiny bit it would burst open and all my goodies would be on the floor.

Ego sounds like the way to go.

Once again thank you so much and have a fantastic Super Bowl weekend.

I just wanted to share I just ordered my first Tom Bihn bag. I picked the Large Cafe Bag Black/Wasabi. I'm so excited. My next purchase will be the Ego and that will be next month.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0