Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Ristretto has been updated

The Ristretto has been updated

I am considering getting a Macbook Air 11" in the near future to use for travel and was contemplating which Tom Bihn bag I would get to carry it. (These things take time, there is a lot of contemplating going on.)

So...I was looking at the smaller Cadet, the Imago, the MCB, and the Ristretto all of which appeal to me for various reasons. I noticed that the Ristrettos are only available in one or two colors per size and there is no restocking date listed. Are they going away or getting a future upgrade of some sort?
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

When I called customer service a couple weeks ago concerned about the lack of colors in the Ristretto, they informed me they are coming out with "New" Ristrettos in 2-3 months. So I guess we have to be patient.
    OnMyWay likes this.

I don't think they're phasing out of the Risretto -- the product is still relatively new (in comparison to many of their other products), and they seem to come out with newer sizes every so often to accommodate changing laptop sizes.

More than likely, they sold a bunch over the Christmas holiday (I mean, if I didn't have an iPad, and Santa decided to give me a new iPad, I would be over the moon if he also got me a Risretto for it--*OR* if I were trying to shop for someone with an iPad, a Risretto by itself would make a stupendous holiday gift), and they haven't had a chance to restock their inventory.
    OnMyWay likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    When I called customer service a couple weeks ago concerned about the lack of colors in the Ristretto, they informed me they are coming out with "New" Ristrettos in 2-3 months. So I guess we have to be patient.
    Thank goodness--hopefully I can wait long enough to see what they come up with.
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Now that makes me wonder ... new colours, or new design.

If the latter ... how quickly can I withhold buying?
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    FlickrBlog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

I was ready to buy a Ristretto but none of the colors I wanted was available. Heard from TB that a new model was coming someday and therefore no new stock was being made.

So now it's either a cache, or a breve, or something else.

I'd rather have a Ristretto, but I'm not waiting months for one when we don't know what it's going to be, or what is going to be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by swduncan View Post
    I'd rather have a Ristretto, but I'm not waiting months for one when we don't know what it's going to be, or what is going to be offered.
    Psst: Will your laptop fit in their Large Cafe Bag for now?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hang in there! It won't be months. The new Ristretto was set to debut this week, but the winter storm delayed everything. Late next week, or the week after. Definitely worth the wait.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Supersqueeeeeeeee!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oh no! Not a new Ristretto! I won't be able to resist...
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Late next week, or the week after. Definitely worth the wait.
    YAAAYYYY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    Oh no! Not a new Ristretto! I won't be able to resist...
    What is the "r" word you keep using? I do not think it means what you think it means. Hahahah!
    Katy likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Supersqueeeeeeeee!
    I've missed you!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Awww, thanks. I have missed you, too! :-D
    Katy likes this.

Yikes I just ordered a new Cadet. I just emailed customer service to see if they can put a hold on shipping just in case I change my mind - fingers crossed....

I haven't received a shipping notice so hopefully it's not too late

ETA: order successfully on hold :-) sooooooo excited
    Last edited by Vanper; 01-24-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0