Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Ristretto has been updated

Please keep us posted on this!
    Very interested in picking a couple of these.
    Thanks

Please keep us posted...been waiting for this one!

New pictures are up!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

dlg
    Aw, man. It's nylon :[
    The cordura is like a dog hair magnet and my only complaint.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    New pictures are up!
    ooh! very nice!! i love the new design, and the pictures!

perhaps it's just my old eyes, but that's definitely 1050d ballistic! --

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    ooh! very nice!! i love the new design, and the pictures!

it is ballistic! - from the description on the right: "Exterior made of U.S. 1050 denier ballistic nylon"

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I realize I wasn't very clear. I received a cordura Ristretto for christmas and told Mrs. the only thing that would make me sad was if they switched from cordura to nylon, which they did. This makes me sad because the cordura is a dog hair magnet, and my only complaint with the bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    I realize I wasn't very clear. I received a cordura Ristretto for christmas and told Mrs. the only thing that would make me sad was if they switched from cordura to nylon, which they did. This makes me sad because the cordura is a dog hair magnet, and my only complaint with the bag.
    but look at the positive - now you can get it in ballistic!

you can always find a home for the one you already have...
    Janine likes this.
    -m

I just got my first TB bags, one is Ballistic (Canine Citizen), one is Cork (Swift) and one is Cordura (LCB). I have had "issues" with Cordura in the past, but I kept reading that the Cordura TB bags used didn't attract dog hair, do I took a chance. WRONG MOVE! I love everything about my LCB EXCEPT the mounds (No exxageration. Really) of dog hair covering it. There is no more Cordura in my future..... (Meanwhile the Cork and Ballistic are dog hair free.)
    Last edited by WhiteStar; 01-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Congratulations on loving your bags. Sorry about the Cordura issues. I think I mentioned the hair bit on Ravelry to you. I don't have a ton of experience with pet hair, because I don't have indoor pets that are around my bags. I received a used TB bag one time (from a re-seller) that had cat hair on it though. It was fairly clingy imho. I had to lint roller it first, then wash it to get it all out. Maybe your comment about the nature of the coat makes a big difference. I have noticed that my Cordura bags will "rub" and pill a delicate sweater, and attract spinning fibers if I get my roving close to the exterior of the bag. These are extremely soft fibers like merino, BFL, cashmere, etc. I do love how soft and malleable the Cordura fabric is though. Dyneema, when you have an opportunity to try it, doesn't attract hair due to it's smoothness.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I like the new design especially now that the "pockets" are in the zippered compartment. The only thing missing is mention of the "weight."
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    The new design is great, but I miss the older color combinations in Cordura. But I'm still glad that I ordered the Cadet, which is amazingly cool in its slide-out cache. On the other hand, I already have a couple of Ristrettos.

The zipped pouch for the pockets would seem to make the new model a more secure EDC for travel, although I do like the ability to get at stuff by just opening the buckle of my "vintage" iPad ristretto.

Material wise - I'll be interested to hear how owners of the new design go with the pilling mentioned by dorayme. I did notice some damage to fine jumpers* while travelling with my ristretto in messager mode.

Cordura is my preference for small daily type bags and I hope the cafe bags at least remain available in it. I do have a BN Ego and it's a lovely bag but for my 'handbag' I prefer a material a little less 'tactical' looking (dog hair can certainly be an issue, although sadly my house is dogless atm.) and a colour a little less businesslike. I've been seriously tempted to buy a cordura imago before they disappear even though I really don't have much use for one .. and the remaining colours aren't my first pick.

The camera insert may drive that decision :-) ... eta ... no it probably won't ... I see (on the blog) the insert will be for larger bags, initially at least.

*Australian for 'sweater'
    Last edited by daisy; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    List under construction ....

Love it!

I love the updates to the Ristretto!

I really prefer the ballistic fabric--love the look and feel of my WF and now I can create a matched set that will look great on business trips. I also like the zipper to protect smaller items under the flap.

Now I just have to buy a Macbook Air to enable me to "need" the Ristretto...
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Love the slickness of the curved zippered pocket! Now, That's a Ristretto!

I want to wear it in a fountain and call Marcello!

I checked the pictures of the Original Style Ristretto and the colors are gorgeous, if you love them, go for it now!
    I can't think of a better packable and versatile bag for the iPad.
    From now on, I am calling this bag the Kangaroo Ristretto.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0