Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fare thee well, snaphook!

Thank you for the description (and photo) of the snap hook! Now I feel all smart-like!!! ^_^
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I remove the hook from all my pouches - they're far too bulky to be useful.

It's easy to put on a split ring keyring if you need something, or you can just attach a keystrap directly to the fabric loop where you removed the original snaphook.

What upsets me about it is all the plastic I'm throwing away - it's just such a waste!

Audrey

Update: The rings from the link below arrived and are way too big. The size was an ID measurement, not OD, so they look really weird when I hold them up to an Organizer Pouch and squint my eyes and pretend that the ring is in place of the snaphook.

Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    The smallest key ring I found was 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID, which would be a little bigger than the plastic doodad but not too bad. I also found these:

Keychain Strap, Bag Strap, Purse Strap, Hangbag Strap Open Gate Rings - usalanyards.com

which I think look nicer than that split rings. I ordered two of the black nickel ones to test out once I work up the courage to deface one of my pouches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Well, I would not dreeam of altering any TB product in any way because of their perfect design.

I would not mind if Tom and Crew decided to design/make O-rings only Pouches, in addition to the ones they are already making.

Tom Bihn Pouches are the greatest invention in purse accessorizing since the compact mirror but the little snap hook says casual, no matter how you slice it.

Ring only Pouches would be geared toward people who carry them in their pockets or Little Swift/Co Pilot owners who want to put their Classic dress up on.

While the Little Swift can run the gamut of 20's to 90's vintage dress up, the{ Little Swift }with its zippers and boxy shape is perfect for 50's,60's and beyond.

Note: I don't have either of those bags and imagine their roles in my Tom Bihn bag collection.
    Self rectification.

I meant the Co-Pilot with its zippers and boxy shape perfect for 50's, 60's fashion and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Update: The rings from the link below arrived and are way too big. The size was an ID measurement, not OD, so they look really weird when I hold them up to an Organizer Pouch and squint my eyes and pretend that the ring is in place of the snaphook.

Back to the drawing board.
    If you're willing to pull the stiches on the pouch and re-sew where the snaphook was, these are available in 1/4" inch: nickel-plated rings

Here's an alternate solution!

Last night I wanted to attach multiple pouches to a single keystrap. Aside from the fact that all the snaphooks were seriously in the way (I considered surgery to remove them.) the snaphook on the key strap couldn't accomodate all the pouch rings. Sitting on the coffee table next to where I was working was an empty key ring* (Just the metal ring, nothing attached.) I clipped the four pouches to the ring, then attached the key strap to the ring. It worked so well that I plan to stop at the craft store and pick up a pack of rings and attach all my pouches to key straps via "jump rings"!

* Why was the key ring empty? Because of the INFLUENCE from this forum, I had finally managed to locate a Night-Ize key ring that I had recently transferred all my key ring stuff to.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0