Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Cadet 11" MacBook Air Question

Does anyone use the Cadet 11" as a business briefcase in more formal settings, i.e suit-wearing jobs?

I'm trying to get any data I can on that use of the Cadet, so your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

While I'm not in a formal job--I think that you would probably be able to get away with it if you purchased the black version of the bag.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I have a black/iberian Cadet 11 and have received nothing but compliments on the bag in a variety of settings including suit-type ones. The bag in black looks as professional as any of the other bags present - more than some! (I chose black, not because I wanted something formal, but rather because it was the only standard color I did not have in my TB collection.) I would have no qualms about choosing a back Cadet. My one word of advice is to be pretty sure that the 11" size will give you enough room for what you need to have with you. While I have an 11" MB Air which fits perfectly, I find that I sometimes think a bit more room would be useful if I am bringing a power cord (rare) and my glasses (frequent).

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0