Typically at a dog show I unload all my dog junk (crates, grooming stuff) and leave it at the show for the duration. Then each morning and evening I have to get dogs and other stuff to and from the car. So I have two or three dogs pulling me across a parking lot with a bag (currently a Lexie Barnes Superstar) sliding off my shoulder. If I go cross body then it’s cutting into my neck.
I am trying to decide between an LCB, MCB or Imago. Love the colors in the Cafe BAgs but wondering if they are structured enough. Are they too "deep"? Will stuff get lost in a black hole at the bottom? Is an MCB too small?
Typically I will have in the Dog Show Bag…
- organizer pouch (not TB but Tokidoki for LeSportsac - I discovered the magic of OP many years ago…) with show entry information.
- organizer pouch with first aid/toiletry items (aspirin, tide pen, bandages etc)
- organizer pouch with mints, drink mix packets, peanut butter crackers, etc
- organizer pouch with pens, pencils.
- iPhone (thank goodness I no longer have to carry phone, iPod, Nintendo Ds and GPS seperately any more…)
- sometimes (but hardly ever now that I have the iPad) my MacBook 13”
- at least one knitting project which usually resides in a gallon size ziploc bag.
- organizer pouch with knitting notions
- water bottle (love the water bottle pocket on the side of the superstar, wish the TB bags I like had that feature)
- often a magazine or book
- miscellaneous crap (pocket knife, leatherman tool, flashlight, hair clip)
- doggy poop bags
- spare leash
- bait (usually chicken or hot dogs or cheese that I purchase on the way to the show that morning and will be transferred to a cooler upon arrival)
The funny thing is that on a non dog show day I typically carry a bag with my wallet, iPhone, iPad and knitting project. That’s it. Very minimalist. (But still too much for an SCB I think because of the iPad in it's case...) On those days if I chose to carry my new TB Dog Show Bag would it look stupid being so empty?