Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By kcarroll55

Thread: Shorter key straps?

Shorter key straps?

Is there any chance of getting a shorter key strap? While I love the 8" length (it allows my seldom-used office key ring to be used while still attached to my bag), my daily-use keys tend to end up buried at the bottom of my MCB and I have to shift my wallet, Kindle and whatever to drag them out. A 4" length (basically two ends with a smidge of strap in between) would keep them so much more accessible. Plain black would be fine, although the colored ones are fabulous.
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

This is a good idea. I've also noticed that if you have several items on keystraps attached to the same O-ring, they tend to get wrapped around each other.

Another option would be little-bitty double-s carabiner clips that could be used to attach a key ring or pouch clip directly to an O-ring. Hmmm, may have to do some Googling.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

These might be helpful:
    S-Biner - Stainless Steel | Nite Ize

Quote Originally Posted by xtal View Post
    These might be helpful:
    S-Biner - Stainless Steel | Nite Ize
    Hah, yes, those are exactly what I was thinking of. Saw them first on the Klean Kanteen site. Need to see if I can find the Size .5 locally so I can try them out.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

Quote Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
    Hah, yes, those are exactly what I was thinking of. Saw them first on the Klean Kanteen site. Need to see if I can find the Size .5 locally so I can try them out.
    I'm pretty sure I've spotted them at my local REI. Might be worth a try.