Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mplsnst

Thread: Smart Alec + Breve?

Smart Alec + Breve?

Quick question: Can the Breve be attached to the clips inside the Smart Alec where the Brain Cell would attach? I can't quite make out from the photos on the Smart Alec page what kind of clips those are.

The clips inside the smart alec are designed, from what I know, to specifically fit the Brain Cell (hardsided) cases. As far as I know, it would not attach to the Breve. These clips attach to the other half, so to speak, on a brain cell. But it would be great if the Breve did---then folks can use various bags in a modular fashion! I will let someone from TB weigh in on this...

Thought that might be the case. I love the clean design of the Smart Alec, and I'm in the market for a bag about that size, but I really want something I can secure my iPad inside.

Now that I think about it, a very cool addition to the TB accessory line would be a pair of Breve adapter clips for the Smart Alec & Brain Bag. Basically I'm thinking a plastic connector like on the Brain Cell that could affix inside the Smart Alec, attached to standard clip that could hook onto one of the Breve's o-rings. Attach a pair of them to the clips inside the Smart Alec, clip the Breve in place, and you're good to go.
    Last edited by mplsnst; 01-13-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Hi there: I hope Tom or Darcy are reading this---we can also email them directly. I think "modular" is the way to go and that is fundamentally the TB concept of packing anyhow. Of late, there have been more of "dedicated bags" to Ipad, MacBook Air etc., and they serve their function and purpose. I like the idea of having a very slim and stylish bag like the Breve be able to attach inside very large bags like Brain Bag and Smart Alec so they can be carried safely, and have its own purpose at the other end. I like the brain cell but they are not stylish! Breve is. Hopefully, they will figure something out....

Yes, I think it's going to be increasingly important for backpacks to be able to safely accommodate tablets going forward. A Smart Alec/Brain Bag-compatible version of the Breve, or an easy way to adapt the existing Breve as suggested above, would, would solve that problem immediately.
    dougmon likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0