Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scattered

Thread: Wondering about Kindle pouch for another purpose...

KmK

Wondering about Kindle pouch for another purpose...

Hi! Wondering if anyone has tried or could try a little something for me before my next purchase...

I have a Rhodia Webbie journal (about the dimensions of a large Moleskine) and have been trying to find a pouch to keep it tidy when tossed into my bag...I'm not overly fussy about much, but when it comes to writing...! I tried a medium organizer pouch, but no go. According to the numbers, it should fit, but the zipper doesn't unzip quite enough. Was wondering about the ultrasuede Kindle pouch with the zipper on the end... Has anyone tried to put a Moleskine in? Does it fit?

I have a large organizer pouch, but it's *so* much bigger than the notebook... I'm feeling a little like Goldilocks... Thanks for any help!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It might work better because of the tapered design of the Kindle Pouch -- hmm, maybe Katy has a Moleskine we can try fitting in one...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

KmK
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It might work better because of the tapered design of the Kindle Pouch -- hmm, maybe Katy has a Moleskine we can try fitting in one...
    If Katy does, that'd be great! Thank you for trying... You and the whole TB crew are so very helpful...

KmK, I just tried putting my large Moleskine (hardcover) into the Kindle Pouch, and I'm sorry to say it wouldn't fit. The zippered opening isn't wide enough. But I am excited about the possibility of using the Kindle Pouch for other non-Kindle purposes in my Cafe bags. I think the vertical orientation of the Kindle Pouch is a great match for the vertical Cafe bags.

KmK
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    KmK, I just tried putting my large Moleskine (hardcover) into the Kindle Pouch, and I'm sorry to say it wouldn't fit. The zippered opening isn't wide enough. But I am excited about the possibility of using the Kindle Pouch for other non-Kindle purposes in my Cafe bags. I think the vertical orientation of the Kindle Pouch is a great match for the vertical Cafe bags.
    ncb4,

Thank you so much for trying--though the results yield a certain sigh! I might well still end up with the ultrasuede pouch, though...I too can see possibilities--even beyond the simple pleasure of touching it! I appreciate your help!

KmK - I too tried a medium ultra suede pouch for the same reason - placing my journal into something safer than an oversized plastic zip top baggie. Technically it should have fit in the medium pouch, but the zipper opening was too tight. I was thinking of the Kindle pouch when I first saw it and thought it would work, so I certainly appreciate your sending in this Forum question. I don't want the large pouch for the same Goldilocks scenario. Still hoping that I'll find something just right too.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Hmm, new TB product idea? A line of vertical pouches to work well with the Cafe Bags and the Ristrettos? With at least one sized to accommodate a large, hardcover Moleskine or Rhodia notebook?
    KmK likes this.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0