Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Swift Request!

Swift Request!

So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on purchasing my mother a Swift. It won't be used for holding any knitting supplies (I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know how to knit,) but rather for her to ferry around her paperwork and papers as she goes from jobsite to jobsite. (She's a speech pathologist and goes to various day care centers to work with children 2-5 yrs old.) She's always dragging a tote bag around with her and it would be a gift that would get a lot of use. I just want to make sure it is big enough for her.

So here's my request: Do any of you swift owners have pictures of your swift with clipboards/binders/files/folders in it that you could share?

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Your mom is fortunate MisterN! She will love her Swift.

Below are 3 photos of my Swift Cork; below them are 2 photos of my Little Swift Ultrasuede .

I do not have a clip board, but I loaded the Swift with the following:

Padded mail envelope #5, about 10-3/8" wide x 14-1/4" tall - empty
    Binder - 1-3/4"
    Emply box of Adobe Acrobat S/W
    3 books
    1 Rand McNally State map

Stacked, the above items are about 6-3/4" high or thick.

The binder, books and box can be loaded horizontally in the Swift also. All these items loaded vertically with the padded envelope in the Swift, fit is "relaxed" - you can add a few more smaller items (wallet,phone, organizer pouches). All these items loaded horizontally with the padded envelope (loaded vertically), fit is "tighter", but you can a few more items and also put things on top of the books. I weighed my Swift loaded with these items - a tad over 10 lbs! I am NOT carrying 10 lbs in my Swift

Inside my Little Swift are the binder and the box of Adobe Acrobat S/W loaded vertically. Fit is "relaxed" - you can add a few more of smaller items. The binder + Adobe Acrobat box loaded horizontally fits inside the Little Swift, but the fit is tight.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

If I could like your post more, I'd break the forums (and I wouldn't want to do that with all the hard work Darcy is putting into the website!)

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I'm thinking of getting a Swift and have been debating which size for what feels like ages.

Your pictures are very helpful and I don't want to be a bother... but would it be possible for you to post a picture of each size when you have it on your shoulder?
    I'm still struggling to visualize the size when they are being carried.

I'm leaning towards getting the Swift. I don't think will look too big on me, I'm 1.75m (almost 5 ft 8 in) but I'm concerned the LS might look a touch small - apart from not holding as much!!

Many thanks!
    Last edited by MrsT; 12-17-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    Bags: Aeronaut Crimson/Steel w Absolute Shoulder Strap & Packing Cubes: EndPocket, L Steel, S Steel x2. Synapse Bl/UV, Co-Pilot St/Iberian Dyneema. Smart Alec Bl/Bl/St, Snake Charmer Bl
    Cubes: 3D Clear Org Cube x2, Clear QPC in Iberian w Shoulder Strap,
    Pouches: Mini x2, Small x2, Small Clear x1, M Clear x3, L Clear x1, Pencil Clear x2
    Other: Guardian Light, 16" Key str x3, Handle Loop x2, Ultrasuede Strap Wrap

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    If you search Flickr, the tombihn group, little swift, there are picks posted of various of us holding and carrying our regular and little swifts
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I too am looking at purchasing a LS. I have my eye on the Cardinal (but it's on b/o) or possibly the Vulcana Hemp although I'm not too sure if I like the material.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

This link will take MrsT or anyone else wondering how the Swift fit on people, to the blog and a number of pictures of people wearing the Swift and Little Swift

Search Results Swift - Tom Bihn Blog

Thanks backpack, linking isn't my favorite thing to do from my iPhone. I tend to get lazy and just direct to where the information is vs. cutting and pasting through various windows. I haven't figured out the rhyme and reason as to why sometimes the page refreshes and sometimes it just waits for me, but there is nothing more frustrating to me than returning from grabbing my link to have the page refresh away my tapped out message.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

To dorayme and backpack - thanks, I'll have a look at both Flickr and the link! Maybe I just missed the swift/LS pics last time I searched
    Bags: Aeronaut Crimson/Steel w Absolute Shoulder Strap & Packing Cubes: EndPocket, L Steel, S Steel x2. Synapse Bl/UV, Co-Pilot St/Iberian Dyneema. Smart Alec Bl/Bl/St, Snake Charmer Bl
    Cubes: 3D Clear Org Cube x2, Clear QPC in Iberian w Shoulder Strap,
    Pouches: Mini x2, Small x2, Small Clear x1, M Clear x3, L Clear x1, Pencil Clear x2
    Other: Guardian Light, 16" Key str x3, Handle Loop x2, Ultrasuede Strap Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I too am looking at purchasing a LS. I have my eye on the Cardinal (but it's on b/o) or possibly the Vulcana Hemp although I'm not too sure if I like the material.
    Hemp is very "fibrous", if I were you I'd wait for the Cardinal, unless to plan to have as many LS as I have Swifts.

New colors Cordura LS and Swifts are on the Wish List, they are so yummy, who could resist?

The LS are perfect dress up bags, just perfect and they can also be dressed down, as it is the case of the ones with Hemp.

Note that I mean Classic dress up, not contemporary celebrity and hollywood type dress up, they wear boots with summer dresses!

So if your style is more contemporary, you should go ahead and order it.
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

I ordered and returned a LS vulcana/hemp. On my computer's screen, the photo of the LS looks almost totally "white" with lots of hemp, with just a hint of the black rubber base. The LS I received did not look like I was expecting based on the photo. The black rubber was much more prominent than the hemp which were embedded in one layer in the rubber. The weave of the hemp is too far apart for my liking. Overall, the bag looked more black rubber than hemp white to me. Of course, this is personal taste - so my opinion is highly subjective.

On the other hand, I love my LS in cacao ultrasuede. Photos do not do it justice.

Some day, I would LOVE to have a LS in cardinal/cardinal. One day.
    ncb4 likes this.

Thanks backpack and Walker! I think I'll wait for the Cardinal/Cardinal LS. I found my swatch of the Vulcana Hemp & I think I would be happier with the Cardinal unless they bring back the Ultrasuede or add a black LS
    ncb4 and dorayme like this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I just got my mom's Cardinal LS for Christmas a week or so ago. It's gorgeous and I'm not a huge fan of bright red. I own a Hemp and Cork LS and I think they are both great neutrals. I can also see how those fabrics may or may not appeal to some.
    I want a black Ultrasuede LS, but I know that it may just be a pipe dream.
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

The LS in Cork is just about the perfect neutral and the Cocoa Ultrasuede is ultra yummy.

I think that if you know anybody for whom brown is "the" fall/winter neutral, you ought to tell them about both of those.
    ncb4 likes this.

I am a lucky owner of the Cacao Ultrasuede LS: what a gorgeous bag, and it's a neutral so it goes with anything. I hope for other LS lovers that one day Tom will decide to make it again, or maybe a different shade of Ultrasuede. I also have an Azalea LS, and earlier this summer I bought and returned the Cardinal LS. I love both those colors: I have an Azalea MCB and a Cardinal Co-Pilot. But somehow that same red color, when "condensed" into the dimensions of the Little Swift, looked different to me: I know this isn't going to make sense, but it was "too much," too intense for the dimensions of the bag. I can't explain it better than that. I don't feel that way about the Azalea LS, although the color also seems intensified when used in a smaller bag.

I'm thinking that a Cardinal Swift, on the other hand, might be perfect. It's the same red, but it might work better for me on a larger bag. Boy, does this make me sound weird!
    TXGirl likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0