Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Synapse zipper...

Hi,

I just received my Synapse today! Pardon my ignorance, but is something special supposed to be going on with the zippers of the main compartment? The two zippers on mine are linked together with one zip pull (or rather, it appears that the parts for both zipper pulls are present, they're just linked together), so they don't actually zip apart. Can I detach this somehow?

Thanks!

Edit: I've seen how the zipper pulls are put together, and it looks like mostly a friction fit... is it possible to take it apart or do I have to get new ones? I'm not having any luck pulling it apart and I was hoping to use the Synapse on my trip to Taiwan in a week. ):
    Last edited by Juliana; 12-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.

That's interesting for sure! When I received my Synapse each zipper had it's own zipper pull. Once the zipper pulls are on I'm not sure how to undo them as they're on pretty tight. I would call Customer Service. Katy and Brian are awesome, they'll take care of you.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I was just about to call. Thanks very much!

Edit: Got both sides out (though I think I scraped off some plastic trying to do it). Thanks, Brian!
    Last edited by Juliana; 12-07-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0