Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Cu. in. I has confused?

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Cu. in. I has confused?

I am excited about my soon to be here Ultraviolet PCBP and was looking at the item page as I find myself often doing when I thought I would check the volume. I thought it would be roughly half the Western Flyer ane in the 800cu. in. range. I was surprised to see it listed at 1100. Can this be true? The measurements aren't bigger than half of the WF. The halves of the WF are equal other than the Dynema separator in the front section and it moves out of the way into nothingness. I'm not a math wiz, but I cannot make sense of this, can somebody help me out here?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    A couple of factors lead this this little conundrum:

1) Our published measurements are rounded off a bit: the Packing Cube Backpack is sized to fit both in the TriStar and in the Western Flyer and hence its footprint is actually a bit bigger than the Western Flyer and a bit smaller than the TriStar.

2) The Packing Cube Backpack, like any bag, will bulge somewhat when filled. So while technically it is just about half the size of the Western Flyer (a bit more as explained above), you wouldn't be able to put two of them inside the Western Flyer if they were both filled to capacity. We use the ASTM Standard for measuring capacity on our bags (ASTM F2153 - 07), not simply their three external dimensions, so that's why the math looks a bit off.
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Thanks Darcy for clearing this up!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0