Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard

We seldom use the keyboard with the iPad. The current model wireless keyboard (the thin sexy one ;-) is used with a 17" MBP both in the office and on the road.

The position is fine, especially as the switch covers the entire end of the battery holder - easy to find without too much groping about. The power switch on the Mac Mini on the other hand ...

If the keyboard switch had a slightly more positive action (a bit more travel and a bit firmer) it would be perfect - and would probably be less prone to accidental activation.
    List under construction ....

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    The other thought I've had is to stitch some sort of hard plastic into the side that has the power button, keeping it from pushing into the power switch. For now I just keep bluetooth off on my ipad and keep a spare set of batteries in my cables pouch. It's so well made, I haven't been able to find anything that I think is protecting the keyboard as well. Sigh.
    I just implemented this, and it appears to work quite well. I took a bit of expired credit card, drilled holes along the perimeter, and stitched it to the cache. Hooray!
    Just and dorayme like this.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this! I've had the same thing happen with my cache and the wireless keyboard -- forget to turn off the bluetooth on the iPad, and find music start to play! But more frustrating was how quickly the batteries ran down because something on the cache presses the power key. I've not tried stitching something flat in there, as I've just not had time (or made the time) to address the issue. TB folks, have you looked at this issue, out of curiosity??? THANKS!
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Has the Cache for the Apple Wireless Keyboard been discontinued? I didn't see it listed anymore. Would the Air11 Cache work? Looks like it might be a little long, but then I don't know if it would fit in the Ristretto iPad Bag. Thanks for any help, Freddie

Freddie, I just got my Ristretto for iPad and I gotta tell you that the MacBook Air in its Cache, plus the iPad in the built-in compartment, fit PERFECT! I carry both now in the Ristretto for iPad!

Enjoy.

Same experience

I just picked up a Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard, which is a great sleeve, except that I'm having one problem: after powering off the keyboard, sliding it into the Cache, and then sliding the cache into my Ristretto, the binding along the edge of the Cache protrudes enough to push the power button and turn the keyboard back on. *I am loading it as described on the site, and I don't know what I can do to mitigate this problem. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
    I've had the same experience. After finding the batteries in my keyboard completely dead when pulling it out in a meeting twice, I stopped using the cache. Perhaps I'll try the credit card trick, but I'd prefer a redesigned cache.

Photos, please.

I just implemented this, and it appears to work quite well. I took a bit of expired credit card, drilled holes along the perimeter, and stitched it to the cache. Hooray!
    Could you post some photos somewhere? I'd like to do this myself.

dlg
    Yes, as soon as I find my camera :/

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindaum View Post
    I've had the same experience. After finding the batteries in my keyboard completely dead when pulling it out in a meeting twice, I stopped using the cache. Perhaps I'll try the credit card trick, but I'd prefer a redesigned cache.
    Sorry about that: we received a few emails from folks who had the same problem as you (and others here) did. Though most people we talked with didn't experience that problem, enough did that we made the decision not to make the Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard any longer. Anyone for whom the Cache for Apple Wireless Keyboard doesn't work is welcome to email or call us (1-800-729-9607 or +1-206-652-4123) for a refund.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

dlg
    Yes, as soon as I find my camera :/
    I haven't forgotten, I swear! And after a week of taking the keyboard in and out of the cache several times a day at a conference, the upholstery thread I used to stitch the plastic in has let go. So I'll be re-doing it with fishing line, and will take pictures of the process.

amw
    Yikes, I was just about to order one. I've got a different bluetooth keyboard that's slightly smaller. Have any recommendations for something 10.4 x 4.6 x 0.7 inches ?

I haven't forgotten, I swear! And after a week of taking the keyboard in and out of the cache several times a day at a conference, the upholstery thread I used to stitch the plastic in has let go. So I'll be re-doing it with fishing line, and will take pictures of the process.
    That would be cool - I only transport my keyboard once or twice a week so have been taking out the batteries - which annoys me just a little every time.

I do use the cache and it is perfect otherwise so don't feel entitled to a refund - but I will probably mod it when I get around to it.
    List under construction ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0