Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gonty
  • 3 Post By nukediver
  • 2 Post By 123veo

Thread: Picture request: Co-pilot and Ristretto for iPad

Picture request: Co-pilot and Ristretto for iPad

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the Co-Pilot alongside a Ristretto for iPad? And/or with a Synapse perhaps?

Trying to get a feel for the size of the Co-Pilot. I have done my usual trick of cutting out a piece of paper the size of the bag but I think a visual comparison will help too.

Thanks

Jonathan

Actually, a small cadet lined up with the co-pilot & ristretto would also be great if anyone can swing it.
    Pilar likes this.

I was just going to suggest that

Here's the Synapse, Co-Pilot, and Ristretto for iPad. I don't have a Cadet......yet...... In the 5 days I've had the Co-Pilot, I've discovered (happily) that it's sort of like a shoulder bag version of the Synapse. Hope this helps!

Name:  TB-Comparison.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  405.2 KB

totally concur nukediver - the copilot is like a synapse messenger bag - even though the synapse has almost twice as much storage volume. below is a pic of my synapse and co-pilot and one of what was in my co-pilot today.

Name:  copilot6.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  636.0 KBName:  copilot7.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  668.4 KB
    jeffmac and Walker like this.

Nukediver and 123veo, could you elaborate on how the Co-Pilot is a shoulder/messenger bag equivalent of the Synapse? Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    Oh my gosh, that is so true but I never thought about it before now! The water bottle pocket on the Synapse is the water bottle pocket on the Co-Pilot, the two side pockets are the same as well... Then the small "keys" pocket and bottom larger pocket on the Synapse could be the two "pouch" pockets inside the Co-Pilot's main compartment... leaving the back "magazine" pocket of the Co-Pilot to serve as the large "pouch" pocket inside the main compartment of the Synapse!

That's exactly my thoughts as well on the Co-Pilot & Synapse. I mention it in the thread below when I was explaining to dorayme why I bought the Co-Pilot.

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...-co-pilot.html
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

nukediver and 123veo - thanks so much. It really helps to see the Co-Pilot alongside bags I'm familiar with.

Jonathan

gonty, if you need more photos of the Co-Pilot alongside the Synapse, let me know: I can take one and post it here. I don't have a Ristretto, but I do have both a large and a medium Cafe bag, so I could include those as well, if it would help.

And I never thought about the Co-Pilot being a shoulder version of the Synapse, but it is, sort of. Intriguing.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    gonty, if you need more photos of the Co-Pilot alongside the Synapse, let me know: I can take one and post it here. I don't have a Ristretto, but I do have both a large and a medium Cafe bag, so I could include those as well, if it would help.

~Nancy
    Thanks for the offer Nancy.

A Medium Cafe / Co-Pilot comparison would be great if it's not too much trouble.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0