Thread: ID or Ego?

ID or Ego?

Does anyone have both of these bags? I'm trying to decide between the two. It will usually be used for work or as a carry-on for travel. They both seem to fit my needs. Just curious if anyone has a preference between the two and why. Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    i've used both, and they're both awesome messenger bags! they are similar in size, though the ego will hold slightly more. so i think it's a question of which design you prefer and if you need to carry two bottles at times.

let us know if we can answer other questions.

I don't own either bag, but I see a couple of differences. The ego looks more casual than the more professional appearance of the ID, in my opinion. Also, the ID has a flap that has to be opened before gaining acess to the main compartment, and the ego doesn't. I like the fact that the ego can be personalized with the different colored strips.

I don't have the ID, but do have the Ego. I chose the Ego because just like dgrls said it looks more casual than the ID & you can personalize it with the different colored strips. I do like the fact it has two side bottle holders. I've used one side holder to hold my Kleen Kanteen & the other held my umbrella. Whichever one you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm leaning toward the Ego. I like the fact that the main compartment opens without opening the flap.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i've used both, and they're both awesome messenger bags! they are similar in size, though the ego will hold slightly more. so i think it's a question of which design you prefer and if you need to carry two bottles at times.

let us know if we can answer other questions.
    So if I've tried an Ego and sent it back because it was too large - made me look like I was a little kid carrying Daddy's bag because it was so tall - would I probably find at ID too large as well?
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0