Storage for MAHA Battery Charger

Today I received a shipment of fresh Eneloop rechargeable batteries (16 AAs, 16 AAAs) and a new MAHA MH-C800S charger to go along with them. This MAHA charger is much smaller than the one I accidentally fried a couple of years ago. Its size has me wondering about storage options. At this moment, I have no idea if I will ever actually take something like this on the road, but I would like to kick around possibilities for travel, as well as neat shelf storage to protect it from dust and curious felines.

The unit is has an oddly rounded rectangular solid shape, and there's a small power brick. The main unit has four solid rubber feet on the back.

The main unit is 7.5 inches (about 19 cm) long, less than 3.25 in. (8.1 cm) deep, and about 1.6 in. (4 cm) thick at its thickest.

The brick, not including the little power cord, is about 2.6 inches (6.7 cm) long at its longest point, where the plug-in prongs stick out (they do not retract). The unit is also about the same measurement deep. These measurements do not include the cord.

I'd like to find something inexpensive to store this equipment in other than the shipping box it came in. (Those things can get dog-eared quickly) I'm also wondering about packing solutions, primarily for road travel.

Any suggestions?

Name:  MAHA-MHC800S_13Oct2011_1.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  51.6 KBName:  MAHA-MHC800S_13Oct2011_2.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  47.6 KB
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I have an Eagle Creek padded cube that would swallow those chargers very easily. They might bonk around a little within the cube, but if you wrapped your TB microfiber cloth around the mini charger, I think that would reduce noise and chances of breakage.