Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Western flyer colors

Western flyer colors

Is the western flyer going to be available in any other colours in the near future? The current choice seems rather limited. Or is the new pilot going to replace it?..

Katy answered, saying that the Western Flyer isn't going anywhere and some of the new colours may be available in 2012. too late for me, as i am contemplating using it on my trip to Spain in 2 weeks.

When are you going, exactly, jannilee? If the times work out, I'd be happy to loan you my WF for the cost of postage. That way you can have your WF holiday and then buy the color you really want when you get back. The one caveat is that I need my WF back for a conference in late October. Or maybe not even then, because I guess I could just take my Patagonia bag instead.
    dorayme and Maria like this.

Jannilee, if I understand right you want another Western Flyer with a bright color exterior?
    Last edited by backpack; 10-03-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Backpack,I don't have a western flyer at the moment - I have a tristar but want something smaller and yes, I think I'd rather have something other than grey or black.

Thanks for the offer Badger. I am in Canada and not sure i trust the reliability of cross border mail service. the length of time it takes mail to get to me from the states is unpredictable to say the least. I imagine the US postal service dumping all the parcels at the Canadian border and the Canadian postal service picking them up in random order when they feel like it! i will either bite the bullet and get a grey ultraviolet or make do with some other bag and get one later.

Jannilee, the Steel/UV combo is very striking. The Steel is much nicer than any other grey bag I've seen, and the UV makes for a lovely surprise inside fwiw. Admittedly, I usually don't go for a huge variety in color for my bags or clothes for that matter, but I really like my Steel/UV WF and don't think of it by any stretch as an ordinary grey bag.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

My mother wants a red Western Flyer, and I too think she may like a steel with a bright interior instead as the only exterior options right now are black or steel. When I next see her - I'll show her more pictures and see what she thinks. I want to place another order and include two WF - one for myself and one for my mother. Although Badger - she may tell me to order the one for myself and she can borrow it to see how it works!

(Badger - how gracious you are by the way!)
    dorayme likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Jannilee, the Steel/UV combo is very striking. The Steel is much nicer than any other grey bag I've seen, and the UV makes for a lovely surprise inside fwiw. Admittedly, I usually don't go for a huge variety in color for my bags or clothes for that matter, but I really like my Steel/UV WF and don't think of it by any stretch as an ordinary grey bag.
    I totally agree--I also have a Steel/UV WF and I really like it. Steel is a wonderful color; it's shimmery but not shiny (read: not cheap looking) and it has the added bonus of taking on the colors of whatever I'm wearing. That is, if I'm wearing brown, Steel looks a bit coppery; if I'm wearing black or blue, Steel takes on a gunmetal quality. I know I bang on about how much I like grey things, but dorayme is right that Steel is not merely grey. The pictures online don't do it justice.

Anyway, I wish I were closer and could loan you my WF. I hope you'll share some pics of Spain when you get back! Where are you going, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Backpack,I don't have a western flyer at the moment - I have a tristar but want something smaller and yes, I think I'd rather have something other than grey or black.
    I totally apologize, I was reading your post and the post of another forum member whose name looks similar and I got mixed up.

Brain fog, thanks allergies!

i I have to say +3 to Steel being an truly amazing color.

It's not gray, it's shimmering in the sun and some light, it takes the color of your close like water or a mirror would do.

I love, love bright colors and I would not consider buying a Black bag, but Steel is something else, it is the richest, most stylish, classiest color ever.

Just try the WF in Steel with a bright color inside and see if you like it, you can always send it back, if upon trying it in the house, you don't fall in love with it.

I could bet that you will love it at first sight and keep it.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-03-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks, everyone! And Badger, you are incredibly generous! i am going to Madrid for a week. My SIL who is a prof is going to a conference there. She has rented an apartment for a week so accommodation is free. That should free up enough money to buy a WF, don't you think??? HMMM steel/uv WF would go with my Steel dyneema copilot and my UV sysnapse. (Digging through piggybank) Now what else do I NEED????? You guys are SUCH enablers!!!!

Ooh, Madrid. Make sure your SIL writes her paper in advance so you are able to go out together (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything . . . ). Can you smuggle back some iberico ham for all of us?

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Thanks, everyone! And Badger, you are incredibly generous! i am going to Madrid for a week. My SIL who is a prof is going to a conference there. She has rented an apartment for a week so accommodation is free. That should free up enough money to buy a WF, don't you think??? HMMM steel/uv WF would go with my Steel dyneema copilot and my UV sysnapse. (Digging through piggybank) Now what else do I NEED????? You guys are SUCH enablers!!!!
    You need an UV Packing Cube Shoulder Bag!

Make absolutely sure that you know the luggage requirement of your airline both in measurement and weight before you buy anything, when you do your packing list and while you are packing.
    Buy a small luggage scale and check the weather.

If you are a petite European sized woman do not bring more than toiletries, sleeping garments and favorite worn shoes (in Europe everybody walks and there are stairs everywhere) and one extra set of outfits.
    You can buy yourself a brand new wardrobe in Spain! And ship it with UPS before leaving.

My family used to buy lots of things there when they were going on vacation there.

Find out about prices first by checking Madrid most famous department stores web sites.

It will also give you an idea of the style and color trends.

I would not want you to pack almost nothing and be faced with the prospect of buying 70's inspired fringed garment in warm autumn color or 90's inspired bright cool colors leggings and heavy sweaters if neither of those are your compatible with your personal style.

There are so many museums, music, dance, theater venues, great restaurants, cafes, tapas bars, night spots, shopping and architecture. You better keep your sleep to a minimum while you are there.

Hit Tripadvisor right now to plan your fun! And avoid bad areas, for this Rick Steve site is great.

Keep us posted on your acquisitions and your packing list!
    Last edited by backpack; 10-03-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You need an UV Packing Cube Shoulder Bag!
    Yes, this!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Loved my Steel UV Tristar for a long-haul trip this summer. I am so tired of black or gray bags, but really like the Steel. I liked that the bag didn't draw a lot of attention to itself while I traveled. Flight attendants et al hardly noticed it. But when I open up the bag, it has some serious personality! Love that purple - it's a fun color.

I debated a lot between WF and Tristar. In the end, I needed the capacity of the Tristar, but I still hanker for a WF. I need a new briefcase/organized tote that can carry heavy books, but want something more colorful this time. The Zephyr is a great design, but not available in fun colors right now. I think about the WF, but do I need a WF and a Tristar? hmm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0