Compact umbrella for front of Brain Bag?

I have always carried a small umbrella on the front of my Brain Bag, in the lash straps. For years it has been a nice Knirps Fibertech Automatic - German quality and pretty small. However, it has recently given up the ghost and I am again in the market for a quality compact umbrella that will fit on the bag. Any suggestions? The Knirps was about 11" closed, so would like something in that size range.

Thanks in advance.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I have always carried a small umbrella on the front of my Brain Bag, in the lash straps. For years it has been a nice Knirps Fibertech Automatic - German quality and pretty small. However, it has recently given up the ghost and I am again in the market for a quality compact umbrella that will fit on the bag. Any suggestions? The Knirps was about 11" closed, so would like something in that size range.

Thanks in advance.
    You can get the same umbrella here.

Knirps umbrellas from*Germany at european-umbrellas.com

Yes, thanks - that is where I got mine originally. I am looking for other options, maybe cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Yes, thanks - that is where I got mine originally. I am looking for other options, maybe cheaper.
    I was just about to add that many grocery and drugstores have a little rack full of water repelling things, including mini umbrellas. Most place it
    in the entrance.
    As you might imagine, the quality is not the best but they are definitely cheaper.

Here are a few options that are well-reviewed in the ultralight backpacking community:

Birdiepal Dainty - Birdiepal Dainty Umbrella

Birdiepal Light Basic - Birdiepal Light Basic Trekking Umbrella - Save 63%

GoLite Half Dome - http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDe...10&mc=&t=&lat=

Montbell UL Trekking -mont-bell :: U.L.TREKKING UMBRELLA
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

My kudos to you, @bltkmt, for actually using your umbrella. I kept a lightweight umbrella in my daily carry bag for years. I was an utter failure at using it. I either used it, then left it somewhere to dry and it wasn't in my bag when I needed it next, or by the time I thought to pull it out my feet and hair were already soaked and I didn't bother. I bring a wide-brim, crushable hat with me now instead but I miss the umbrella. Somehow, having it in my bag made me feel more civilized.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I ended up ordering this one...will let you know how it is. Cheaper than the vaunted German one.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0