Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: which bag to use as a camera bag/laptop bag

which bag to use as a camera bag/laptop bag

I am looking for somethign to use as a camera bag and as a laptop bag.
    When I travel I ussually take my canon 7d, 17-55, 28-105, flash, a few cards, few filters, extra battery, shutter release and gorilla pod. (I don't ussually take my tripod on most trips but this could change)
    I am getting a macair for travel as well.

I need a bag that will hold all this plus a small bag with cords, chargers and other small stuff.

I have a camera shoulder bag I currently use and I find it just too tight to fit everything when I am taking the flash.
    So I was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

I also travel with my tristar and I very rarely check any bags.

Thumbs up Smart Alec

I used a Ruk's Sac for quite a while as a camera bag and general day bag for trips. I was able to keep jackets, etc in it during our trips. And it fit under the airplane seats.

I recently acquired a Smart Alec as a replacement. On our last trip I needed more space for things.

I like the fact that the Smart Alec has the one big comparment that will swallow quite a bit of "stuff". In additon it has the hooks for a brain cell. I don't need it yet, since my netbook is carried in a cache.

And there are plenty of TB organizers to keep things in.

However, once I get my tablet (probably ASUS transformer), I'll use the current brain cell I have.

I wish I could provide pictures,but my actual setup is in a state of flux until I find the right "sweet spot".

Bottom line is: the big main compartment allows you to design a camera bag to fit your needs.

And if you don't fill it up, it will squeeze down to a smaller size.

Or you can stuff it to the gills.

Good choices for me.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I agree with BPritchard: the Smart Alec is a great laptop/camera bag. Edited with an update: the first size of Camera Insert won't fit the Smart Alec, but it will fit the Brain Bag perfectly.
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0