Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: which bag to use as a camera bag/laptop bag

which bag to use as a camera bag/laptop bag

I am looking for somethign to use as a camera bag and as a laptop bag.
    When I travel I ussually take my canon 7d, 17-55, 28-105, flash, a few cards, few filters, extra battery, shutter release and gorilla pod. (I don't ussually take my tripod on most trips but this could change)
    I am getting a macair for travel as well.

I need a bag that will hold all this plus a small bag with cords, chargers and other small stuff.

I have a camera shoulder bag I currently use and I find it just too tight to fit everything when I am taking the flash.
    So I was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

I also travel with my tristar and I very rarely check any bags.

Thumbs up Smart Alec

I used a Ruk's Sac for quite a while as a camera bag and general day bag for trips. I was able to keep jackets, etc in it during our trips. And it fit under the airplane seats.

I recently acquired a Smart Alec as a replacement. On our last trip I needed more space for things.

I like the fact that the Smart Alec has the one big comparment that will swallow quite a bit of "stuff". In additon it has the hooks for a brain cell. I don't need it yet, since my netbook is carried in a cache.

And there are plenty of TB organizers to keep things in.

However, once I get my tablet (probably ASUS transformer), I'll use the current brain cell I have.

I wish I could provide pictures,but my actual setup is in a state of flux until I find the right "sweet spot".

Bottom line is: the big main compartment allows you to design a camera bag to fit your needs.

And if you don't fill it up, it will squeeze down to a smaller size.

Or you can stuff it to the gills.

Good choices for me.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I agree with BPritchard: the Smart Alec is a great laptop/camera bag. Edited with an update: the first size of Camera Insert won't fit the Smart Alec, but it will fit the Brain Bag perfectly.
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    dorayme likes this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0