Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 3D organiser at the airport.

3D organiser at the airport.

Does everyone use their 3D organiser as their 3-1-1 baggie?

Has anyone had any problems? .. just wondering in case the security folk may view it as not really a clear ziplock (due to the solid fabric sides).

(particularly interested in Sydney, Abu Dhabi and Heathrow airports)
    List under construction ....

I believe the 3-1-1 mandate is the main reason this organizer was invented. It does conform to TSA guidelines of volume, zip top, clear plastic.

I've used it for a couple of years now and have never had a problem, including Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5 and several other international airports. It's so much nicer (and classier) than a plastic baggie. As someone else suggested on another thread, I've started leaving the 3D organizer hooked by a key strap to an o-ring and just pulling it outside the bag but leaving it tethered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsale View Post
    As someone else suggested on another thread, I've started leaving the 3D organizer hooked by a key strap to an o-ring and just pulling it outside the bag but leaving it tethered.
    That's what I'm planning to do. Good to hear it meets the requirements.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post

Has anyone had any problems? .. just wondering in case the security folk may view it as not really a clear ziplock (due to the solid fabric sides).

I used mine on my return flight home from Seattle, SEA, ORD, CLT and had no issues. I even had a 4oz bottle of nail polish remover that was full and was not questioned. I would not ordinarily even try to do that, and would not recommend it. . . anyway, it worked fine for that purpose. And it makes a great mini toiletry kit. It has become my travel kit because most trips (by land or air) I don't need more liquid toiletries than what I can fit into it anyway.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

This thread reminds me that I need to order another one. The one that I have was from when the cloudier plastic was being used, and I don't feel comfortable using it as a 3-1-1 bag. Also, you know, my makeup has claimed it as its rightful living space. . .
    Jenne likes this.

Any chance the 3D will be made in the new colors?
    TXGirl likes this.

I have never had a problem using the 3D as a 3-1-1 bag, using the older plastic or the new. I read about one unsubstantiated instance where a TSA officer questioned the bag and made the traveler put their items in a Zip-Loc branded bag, but I think that can be chalked up to the arbitrary nature of US Domestic security. If security hassles you, just put the whole 3D bag into a Zip-Loc and move on
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    This thread reminds me that I need to order another one. The one that I have was from when the cloudier plastic was being used, and I don't feel comfortable using it as a 3-1-1 bag.
    Oh, is that a different kind of plastic? I thought it was just some powder to keep it from sticking to other plastic! I agree, I like the clear ones much better.

Paula Begoun (author of The Beauty Bible and maker of Paula's Choice make-up and skincare) used to sell the BEST simple clear-plastic 3-1-1 kits that were my favorite. Unfortunately she doesn't make them anymore. That said, I love the 3D clear organizer, and I often now use it as my 3-1-1 bag because it fits the front side pocket of my Co-Pilot perfectly.

You should have NO issues with the TSA using the cube.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I even had a 4oz bottle of nail polish remover that was full and was not questioned.
    Wooo lady you live a dangerous life!!! ;-)
    dorayme likes this.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Any chance the 3D will be made in the new colors?
    I think you'll see Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cubes in the next few months...
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, any other plans for Azalea???
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Darcy, any other plans for Azalea???
    Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne are now available for pre-order in the Small Cafe bag. We don't have anything else planned just yet, but who knows what we'll come up with tomorrow? Or next week.. or month.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne are now available for pre-order in the Small Cafe bag. We don't have anything else planned just yet, but who knows what we'll come up with tomorrow? Or next week.. or month.
    Aroooooogah!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post

I've had problems with reusable quart-sized clear bags that were not ziplock in the Cayman Islands. Then again, they make you take your laptop out of anything it's in, and they let you wear your shoes, so there you go! Now that I'm done traveling there, I'll be adding a 3D (in Azalea!!) to my next order. I'll probably always carry an extra ziplock somewhere in my luggage, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I think you'll see Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cubes in the next few months...
    I'm starting to feel like those customers who waited so long for the Synapse or TriStar. And yes, I see that you wrote months, not years, but still!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0