Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 3D organiser at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne are now available for pre-order in the Small Cafe bag. We don't have anything else planned just yet, but who knows what we'll come up with tomorrow? Or next week.. or month.
    Darcy, you are evil: tormenting us like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I think you'll see Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cubes in the next few months...
    First I had to assembly my "matchy-matchy" set of TB goodies in Indigo (thanks to dorayme for the term "matchy-matchy"); now it looks like Azalea will be my next obsession.
    Jenne and Lani like this.

I also attach the 3D organizer to my TriStar with a key strap and just let it drag behind the TriStar when I go through security. One time (out of about twenty trips) I was asked to detach it.

Well it looks like it should be smooth sailing..

Although there was one person who reported a problem over on the packing list thread
    List under construction ....

I really like the 3d organizer in storm!

Ooh I'm glad I read this first, I'll wait to buy my 3D clear cube until it comes out in Azalea. I think it'll go nicely with my Indigo Western Flyer. Where by "go nicely" I mean "be extremely loud and hard to miss on the airport security conveyer belt."

My only concern is - will it hold as much stuff as a 1qt ziplock bag? Mine is usually stuffed pretty full. I have several of the small GoToobs, which are great.
    Lani likes this.
    Swift (ballistic navy/steel), Little Swift (ultrasuede), Western Flyer (indigo/solar), Smart Alec (indigo/solar), 3d Clear Organizer Cube (storm), two Caches (15"MBP & iPad2), assorted yarn stuff sacks, organizer pouches (all dyneema), key straps, a screen cloth and a packing cube. Wishlist: a navy/wasabi Tri-Star, a Kiwi Kit, and anything else wasabi.

If you're worried about some security people fussing about the 3D not being a Ziploc bag, you can always put the contents in one and then put the whole thing in the 3D case. Then you can pull it out and say "Voila!"

Do you like those GoToobs? They seem so wide, I haven't tried them.

The key thing to remember is that the 3D is very sturdy. You can cram stuff in really tight and you won't have to worry about the bag breaking. Can't say the same for the Ziploc baggies. Also, unless you get the PLEATED kind (Ziploc now makes them again, but with the zipper tab version only), you actually can't put as much in a quart-size bag as you would think. You should be fine with the 3D. if you've got a few GoToobs, you can arrange them so the tops alternate, and that might give you more room (bottle 1: faced up. Bottle 2, faced down). And chances are, you will have room across the top, so you could lay another bottle across the top, too.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Do you like those GoToobs? They seem so wide, I haven't tried them. .
    Here is another thread with my comments about GoToobs.
    jeffmac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Darcy, you are evil: tormenting us like this.
    Darcy is very sweet, she would never think of tormenting us, she just want us to do advance planning!

I agree with tcook. Gotoobs ROCK. I have used the medium & small sizes for a variety of things; right now I have my headshave cream & aftershave in a pair of small ones. My wife has used for more liquid things like shampoos. Not a leak from any of them. Easy to clean & swap out for different things. Plenty of colors so you can tell them apart. I have recently also begun to use the Gotubbs, a large one for my stash of tablets of various sorts and small for dabs of face aftershave. Again, lots of colors, an easy, positive seal.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by seville View Post
    I really like the 3d organizer in storm!
    Thanks, Seville the enabler. I ordered one in storm - what a great color.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Darcy is very sweet, she would never think of tormenting us, she just want us to do advance planning!
    Darcy, how'd you get backpack's password??!?

tcook, thanks for the tip on the gotoobs they completely rock. Just posted a review of them on my blog but I was completely oblivious to them until you pointed them out.

Once again, the TB forums are the source of all wisdom!
    Last edited by jeffmac; 09-27-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: can't spell, can't punctuate..generally stupid
    tCook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Darcy, how'd you get backpack's password??!?
    Thanks for the laugh MsMoon!

I needed that, oops forgot to check the Blog today.

Agreed, GoToobs are awesome. I have six of the smallest size ones, color-coded so I can quickly figure out what goes in the shower and what goes by the sink. The only problem I've had with them leaking is when I get water in the flip-top part of the lid, which is not made to be waterproof. After figuring that out I've started wiping out the lids with a towel before packing for the trip home.

Thanks for the tip on the GoTubbs, those look nifty!
    Swift (ballistic navy/steel), Little Swift (ultrasuede), Western Flyer (indigo/solar), Smart Alec (indigo/solar), 3d Clear Organizer Cube (storm), two Caches (15"MBP & iPad2), assorted yarn stuff sacks, organizer pouches (all dyneema), key straps, a screen cloth and a packing cube. Wishlist: a navy/wasabi Tri-Star, a Kiwi Kit, and anything else wasabi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0