Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Yonkdaddy

Thread: Larger Version of the Kit (full dopp kit accessory?)

Lightbulb Larger Version of the Kit (full dopp kit accessory?)

Hey there!

I was just wondering if anyone had posted this idea before. I love the simple yet elegant design of the kit (which I own) and have recently come into the need for a larger dopp kit (toiletries bag) for travel.

So my question--has TB ever considered making the Kit in a larger size to this purpose? I myself would definitely be in the market.

One similar/functional possibility might be a version of the Snake Charmer with urethane sides rather than mesh?

Thanks!

-Brandon

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    A dopp kit is on Tom's design list, but I don't think it will be a larger version of the Kit... we'll see!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I use a Clear Quarter Packing Cube for this; works perfectly. It fits in my Aeronaut end pocket right next to my 3-1-1 3D Clear Organizer Cube.
    Last edited by Yonkdaddy; 08-24-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    I use a Clear Quarter Packing Cube for this; works perfectly. It fits in my Aeronaut end pocket right next to me 3D Clear Organizer Cube.
    You know we're going to ask for photos...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

As it happens, we'll be packing for our next trip this weekend... I'll be sure to shoot a couple.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You know we're going to ask for photos...
    Darcy is always in the future.

But yes--I'm curious what all you fit in there.

Thanks for the replies!

OK... here are a couple of pix of my 3-1-1 and shaving bags:

Here's the 3-1-1

I shave my head so I have all kinds of razors & blades I generally carry

I also carry several kinds of medication, including a couple of scrips, a small first-aid kit, and some backup dry "leaf" cleansers.

The first-aid & meds are on the other side, but this is how my shaving stuff packs into 1/2 of the Quarter Packing Cube.

Here's how these bags fit into the Aeronaut end compartment

Sergei approves! Seirian is completely indifferent.
    Last edited by Yonkdaddy; 08-27-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    YonkDaddy!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    ohhh I like the dry leaf stuffs, do they work well? Also thanks for sharing the pictures of the clear 1/4 cube. This makes me feel the need for one.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Yeah, the leaf cleaners work pretty well.. As backups. I particularly like the shave cream and laundry wash.
    YonkDaddy!

Yonkdaddy - great photos, great organization, and need I say great bags. Plus adorable kitties! (Love the names too. How do you pronounce "Seirian"?)

I like the small 3D clear organizer cube as my kit, but wouldn't mind a version that up zips 3/4 of the sides. I tend to lie my kit flat and be able to grab what I need right away, rather than rummaging around for it. I also don't like to take everything out at the same time to then be able to get at it. (Hope that makes sense.)

I tried the Quarter packing cube, but found it too big. As in "too tall". All my stuff kept falling to the bottom, and as I am a little obsessive and like structure - that wasn't going to work for me. And I also found the two sides were driving me bonkers….which side had which item?

(Never said I was sane!)

I have the 3D cube and it's great, but find myself packing the Eagle Creek Quarter Cube for my personal supplies as I can lie it flat and have access to everything at once. This is a pain when flying as I have to separate liquids into a baggie, then transfer them the way I like them once passed security.) As I said, I like things the way I like them.

Still, think I need to order another 3D cube - for makeup and such.

Cheers!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A dopp kit is on Tom's design list, but I don't think it will be a larger version of the Kit... we'll see!
    Sigh - really looking forward to this!

(Plus a vied poche too!)
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0