Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lani

Thread: Equal Opportunity

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Question Equal Opportunity

Ahem, I have been on the fence about a Packing Cube Backpack for my WF, and realized today it was because I want UV or Solar.
    Why is the Aeronaut PCBP in UV and not the Tristar/WF PCBP.
    We Tristar/WF users want Equal Opportunities!
    eta.
    please
    I really, really like TB Bags!

My solution was to get the PCBP in Iberian and the PCSB in Ultraviolet
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Oh, another vote for both solar and UV Packing Cube Backpacks!

I think the reason we're not seeing Solar on the new stuff is because it's one of their older inventory fabrics. Remember the Aeronaut PCSB came out much earlier than the smaller one.

I'm a huge Dyneema fan. Anything more that you can make in Dyneema, I will be happy. Just think, no need to design new patterns for those!

Things I'd love to see in Dyneema:

- Side Effect
    - 3D Clear Organizer Cube (and also, a 3D Organizer Cube that's ALL Dyneema, with no clear panel. Heck while we're there, non-clear versions in 1000 denier Cordura like the regular Side Effect)
    - Cafe Bags

Of course, my dream bag would be an actual Western Flyer in Dyneema. I don't think that'll ever happen, but a girl can dream!
    Janine likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0