Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 6 Post By SusanM
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Can the Co-Pilot fit inside the Synapse or the Small Swift?

Can the Co-Pilot fit inside the Synapse or the Small Swift?

Entirely blaming Darcy's yummy pictures for giving me the idea of expending the small TB bags collection.

There is no way I can humanely resist any bag in Azalea/Sapphire.
    Turquoise/Sapphire or Turquoise/Steel or Storm/Sapphire.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-18-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    ncb4 likes this.

Me neither, backpack: and so I haven't. My Azalea/Sapphire MCB is on pre-order, and every day I check to see if an Azalea version of the Little Swift has advanced to pre-order status. Sadly, not yet.

But your title wasn't about the fabulous new colors, it was about the Co-Pilot fitting inside the Synapse or the Little Swift. I'm curious about that, too, since the Co-Pilot is a bag I think about trying as well. Has anyone tried this kind of nesting with the Co-Pilot?

Why would you want to do this?
    From what I remember about the co-pilot it is kind of squarish and would be tight in areas in both of the mentioned bags. I would think the PCSB would be a better internal bag for both the Synapse and the LS. . . I'm curious for somebody who has all three to let us know for sure though.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

HI backpack,
    If you hold the empty Co-Pilot by the top handle and drop it in will fit in an empty Synapse. Its snug but it fits. The CP takes up three quarters+/- of the space in the Synapse. I have a Side Effect that will just fit on top of the empty CP when inside the Synapse this way.

I have to say I would not suggest this as an ideal way to carry the two bags. There's very little space left for your stuff.

The CP fits a bit better if you flip it on its side, but the SE doesn't fit on top this way. I don't have a Swift, yet, I'm sure someone who does will chime in.

Do you have a particular reason for wanting/needing to carry your bags this way? Maybe just curious if it works?

Take care,
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 08-18-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I don't have all 3 bags, but this is how the Co-Pilot fits in the Synapse. There wouldn't be many occasions where I would carry these together, but who knows?
    Name:  Untitled Image 6.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  327.8 KBName:  Untitled Image 1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  515.8 KBName:  Untitled Image 5.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  339.8 KBName:  Untitled Image 4.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  343.0 KB

SusanM,
    Great photos, your blues are beautiful. I'm a bit dense sometimes, didn't even think to take pictures. Jeeze...
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks, SusanM -- great photos!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    HI backpack,
    If you hold the empty Co-Pilot by the top handle and drop it in will fit in an empty Synapse. Its snug but it fits. The CP takes up three quarters+/- of the space in the Synapse. I have a Side Effect that will just fit on top of the empty CP when inside the Synapse this way.

I have to say I would not suggest this as an ideal way to carry the two bags. There's very little space left for your stuff.

The CP fits a bit better if you flip it on its side, but the SE doesn't fit on top this way. I don't have a Swift, yet, I'm sure someone who does will chime in.

Do you have a particular reason for wanting/needing to carry your bags this way? Maybe just curious if it works?

Take care,
    Moose
    The reason being bag restrictions on any kind of long distance transportation, the only exclusions being the QE2, the Orient Express and private jets.

I love, love my Brain Bag/Large Cafe Bag pair, it is ideal for casual travel.

However, business or European travel is going to require more tailored outfits, mostly pantsuits with structured jackets which means using the Aeronaut.

I also need cute and more business like bags able to carry the FJN, such as the Co-Pilots, Little Swifts and Large Cafe Bags matched with a briefcase style Western Flyer or Tristar.

But for activities within hotels or convention centers, the Synapse is just ideal.

The visit to Tom Bihn Inc factory and all the likes given to my post in the forum have just been inspirational.

Thank You so very much!
    Last edited by backpack; 08-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.

ahh I see, backpack, this makes sense. I know it didn't need to make sense, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to accomplish by nesting the bags like this. Will we get to see pictures of your new dressy/cute/ business/ European ventures with your nested bags?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    ahh I see, backpack, this makes sense. I know it didn't need to make sense, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to accomplish by nesting the bags like this. Will we get to see pictures of your new dressy/cute/ business/ European ventures with your nested bags?

It is really a long way away, but I need to start planning starting with the fun part, Tom Bihn bags and my TB forum friends advice, everybody always look so nice.

One problem is that I can find nice jackets but pants that fit well, have a nice cut and flow is just impossible.
    For some times, I have thought of getting some tailored (find a nice tailor, get patterns, get nice fabric which match Tom Bihn bags colors and some neutrals) and be on my way to a nice wardrobe.
    I always thought it was extravagant but I think it is worth it.

In the meantime, I check the always useful Made in the U.S.A page from Darcy's links.
    Who knows, somebody might have just started a business doing just that.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0