Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frank II

Thread: "O" rings in Ristretto for Ipad and Medium Cafe Bag

"O" rings in Ristretto for Ipad and Medium Cafe Bag

After some one bag travels with my Large Cafe Bag, I realize it's well, too Large, for my travel style but great for in town.

So, I need a replacement for travel. It's between the MCB and the Ristretto for Ipad. I'm leaning more towards the Ristretto because it has detachable shoulder straps, is lighter, and offers as much as the MCB plus some.

So here is my question. How many "o" rings in each of the Ristretto's "compartments"--the main one with the built in cache, the smaller one with the slots for phone & camera, and the zippered compartment?

How about the same question for the MCB?

I'm hoping to get at least one of them because not only do I imagine they will work well, but I need more gear to review at OBOW.
    moriond likes this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

O-rings on the Ristretto for iPad

Well let me give you an answer here. If there are any glaring grammar or typeface issues it's because I'm on my iPad. In the main compartment next to the padded section there are 3 O-rings. Two on the sides and one on the front left (looking at the bag with the padded section furthest from your point of view. In the zippered compartment there is one on the top left part. In the front most compartment there is an O-ring on the left hand side above the pen/pencil slots.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

O-Rings

Below are some close in pictures of the O-Rings that I was attempting to describe above.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

In the MCB, there are 3 o-rings in the main compartment & 1 in the front zippered pocket.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Thanks everyone.....I firmly believe you can't get enough "O" rings.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I typically add a small key-ring to an O-ring in each bag to increase the clippable real estate.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0