Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: WF color and size questions

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Lani and others, if you want to read more about Dyneema and the start of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, I'll point you to...[lots of nifty stuffs!]
    [Insert Toy Story 3-Eyed Alien "Oooooooooooh" sound here]

Wow you're like our forum librarian! Thank you for all the links! That's great stuff about the slash-resistance of Dyneema. It makes me feel much more confident about using the PCSB as a day bag on my travels!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    It makes me feel much more confident about using the PCSB as a day bag on my travels!
    If you need any further cheerleading about the merits of the PCSB, I'm your gal. I have two and I love(10000000) them. Lightweight, durable, perfect size, perfect shape, stylish. I want a whole rainbow of them!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    If you need any further cheerleading about the merits of the PCSB, I'm your gal. I have two and I love(10000000) them. Lightweight, durable, perfect size, perfect shape, stylish. I want a whole rainbow of them!
    I have 2 as well, a brand new one in UV (hard to imagine, I know and a much older one in Steel which I most probably got in late 07/early 08, it looks new despite being the innerbag for the Swift I use as a library bag, a purse at a conference and....a Packing Cube!

A Steel PCSB is on my wish list! :-)

@dorayme and I were talking about a black Dyneema that was used in the Utility Totes. It's really lovely, and I wish they'd bring that color back. I'd love a PCSB in black!
    dorayme likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    [Insert Toy Story 3-Eyed Alien "Oooooooooooh" sound here]

Wow you're like our forum librarian! Thank you for all the links! That's great stuff about the slash-resistance of Dyneema. It makes me feel much more confident about using the PCSB as a day bag on my travels!
    I liked reading the wikipedia article on 'dyneema' aka <big long complicated name>. It's interesting the myriad of uses they have for this stuff - like joint replacements! sounds like a wonder-product!

Are you serious?!? When it's time for my knees or hips to be done, I'm going to request Ultraviolet. Tee hee! ;-)

The more products I own in Dyneema, the more I grow to love the fabric. I just got my first PCSB before camp. I carried a knitting project in it. Unfortunately I didn't have any time to knit at camp and now that I'm back, my wrist is injured and knitting isn't probably going to happen for a while. I discovered though that the size is very useful to carry a variety of things. I love that it fits my iPad.
    I wish it had an o-ring inside the main compartment or two and one inside the front zippered pocket. Other than that, it's just about perfect!
    I have seen mention from various forum members interest in seeing versions of the travel bags made from Dyneema. I too would be interested in ultralight yet ultra strong luggage pieces. I think the Western Flyer and Tri-Star are well suited to be attempted due to the fact that their compartments and piping offers structure to the bag.
    Janine likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0