Steel Cordura Color?

Just received a Snake Charmer and a Field Journal; both in Steel. However, the Snake Charmer is a solid grey while the Field Journal is a dark teal (green-grey). I sent the question to Darcy but was also wondering if others have observed this variation.

Name:  DSC_01.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  130.5 KB

Ya, a cordura steel synapse that i bought in may is also a grey/green. so, what does the real steel look like?

From reading the descriptions on the item pages, it looks like the Snake Charmer is made of 500d Cordura while the outside of the Field Journal is 1000d Cordura and the inside is 500d Cordura. Maybe the different fabrics have slightly different colors? Does the color of the inside of the Field Journal match that of the Snake Charmer?

The Cordura on the inside is black, so no help there with regards to which the "true" color is. I suspect there might just be a variation in color from the manufacturer. I was asking to mostly to make sure that I was shipped the correct color as I have not had other Tom Bihn items before so I wasn't sure if there was a subtle difference within Steel or if there was another color of Cordura available in the same tonal family.

@kb19,Radio Bug is probably more accurate, the different denier fabrics are different shades.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio bug View Post
    From reading the descriptions on the item pages, it looks like the Snake Charmer is made of 500d Cordura while the outside of the Field Journal is 1000d Cordura and the inside is 500d Cordura. Maybe the different fabrics have slightly different colors?
    Radio bug is right. And it's not uncommon for there to be some variation in each dye lot.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

That's happened to me before, but I don't mind a little variation!

Wow . . . I really like that greenish grey on the Field Journal Notebook. I've been set on getting a Plum FJN since they were announced, but I'm reconsidering that decision, seeing that picture. It's so gorgeous . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0