Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gonty
  • 1 Post By TXGirl

Thread: Synapse in Cardinal Red

Synapse in Cardinal Red

Any chance of a Synapse being made in Cardinal? It would be the perfect way to get my navy synapse back from my wife!

Jonathan
    Janine likes this.

I so second that request.

Does the Iberian/Steel Dyneema color look similar to Cardinal?

Quote Originally Posted by intelliot View Post
    Does the Iberian/Steel Dyneema color look similar to Cardinal?
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the Iberian doesn't work for me as an external colour for a whole bag. The red is not as nice as Cardinal appears, plus the white stripes change it dramatically.

And I've managed to answer my own question by noticing that the Synapse is made from the wrong fabric so a cardinal version is extremely unlikely.

Now leaning towards black/ultraviolet for my lovely wife.

jonathan

I think the Synapse would be lovely in Cardinal, too. Who knows? The Synapse is made from ballistic nylon, and isn't that what the Cardinal is made of as well? So maybe we can still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I think the Synapse would be lovely in Cardinal, too. Who knows? The Synapse is made from ballistic nylon, and isn't that what the Cardinal is made of as well? So maybe we can still hope.
    Hi ncb4

The Synapse is only made of Cordura.

"Exterior of 1000 denier U.S. Cordura, lined with ultra-lightweight yet abrasian-resistant Dyneema/nylon rip-stop fabric made for us in Japan

Back panel with exterior of Dri-Lex Aero-Spacer mesh and U.S. 1050 denier ballistic nylon; padded with 1/4" (6mm), high quality, closed-cell foam."
    ncb4 likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Thanks for the heads-up, TXGirl; I don't know why, but even though I've just been reading and re-reading the Synapse page with an eye to ordering one myself, my mind keeps skipping over the "Cordura" and thinking the backpack is made of ballistic nylon. Maybe it's the way the Synapse seems to glow in the pictures; can't believe that's "just" Cordura.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0