Sierra Wireless Overdrive Pro and Organizer Pouch

I have a new Sierra Wireless Overdrive Pro that'd I like a carrying case for. I have a concern in that after a few hours usage, it gets pretty hot.

For that reason, I'm hesitant to get a clear organizer. Now, I'm trying to decide between the new cordura ones and the older padded organizers.

Does anyone have any input on which Organizer Pouch to get?

Thank you.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I am unfamiliar with this specific product and it's size, but I carry my Verizon mifi with its USB cord and charger in a small cork organizer pouch. I have used it from inside the pouch with the zipper open, it hasn't over heated, though I am not using it for hours and hours at a time like this. When I need to use it for a long time in the past I have removed it from the pouch.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

My device is less wide but thicker by far.

johnbom,

I was carrying around the previous generation one in a small cordura organizer pouch with a cable and a power supply. It was a tight fit but the newer ones are smaller so you should be good.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbom View Post
    My device is less wide but thicker by far.
    According to the dimensions I found on the web, this device is 2.7" x 2.7" x 0.7"; Weight - 3.37 Ounces. You should be able to use a small organizer pouch. I have a ClearSpot 4G (4.33" x 2.44 x .64" Weight 4.58 oz.) that I carry in a small organizer pouch (in the old limited edition periwinkle ripstop nylon). Your device would be too large for the Mini sized pouch, since 2.7" just reaches the zipper when that pouch is flat. I'd try the small organizer pouch in Dyneema for this. If you're trying to decide between Cordura and padded options, I'd choose Cordura, but I think you might like the light-weight, durable nature of the Dyneema, which should also hold up pretty well to the heat. Looks like a nice unit.

If it gets hot I'd go for Dyneema simply to help it cool down.

Cordura is pretty insulating.

Audrey

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0