Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Securing a water bottle inside an Imago or Cafe Bag

I use an Imago which I like very much. If I ever get an alternate bag it will probably be a Cafe Bag. But lately I've started carrying a water bottle and it is awkward to find a place for it. I could pack it inside the Imago but condensate or spillage could wreak havoc with my notebooks and electronics. I'd feel more comfortable if I could get a waterproof pouch to hold the water bottle and secure it so that it is upright.

Any suggestions for a pouch like this - or a way to fix it to the inside of my bag?

By the way I know that that some of the backpacks have better provisions for water bottles, but I do not want a backpack. Aesthetically I am very fond of the messenger bag style.

Stuff sack, clipped to o-ring?

The co-pilot's middle front pocket holds a water bottle very nicely. No condensation or leakage issues and a wee hole in the bottom just incase there is a leak.

I carry a Sigg flask in the front pocket of my Ristretto, and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    The co-pilot's middle front pocket holds a water bottle very nicely. No condensation or leakage issues and a wee hole in the bottom just incase there is a leak.
    The Co-Pilot does indeed have a great pocket for a water bottle, but it isn't a bag I use on a daily basis. I'm looking for a way to secure a bottle inside of my Imago. gmanedit, do you know that the stuff sack fits a water bottle?

What size is your bottle? I just put a pint bottle in a small stuff sack. Fits fine. A two-liter bottle of seltzer went in easily but stuck out at the top. Conclusion: Any size water bottle will go into the small sack. For a tall bottle, you might want a medium or large sack.

I use an 8-inch key strap inside my Medium Cafe Bag to secure a loop-top Klean Kanteen (18 oz. size). I clip both ends of the strap to an O-Ring and thread it through the loop on the cap. Works pretty well to keep the bottle upright. I can even flip the whole bottle outside of the bag, organizer pouch-style, if I'm rooting around inside for something.

The lack of an outside water bottle pocket on the Imago was one of the main reasons I opted for an ID instead. I'm very rarely without a water bottle, and having to go inside to get it every time is a big of a drag -- that plus the fact that if I've got my computer inside I'm a bit leery of accidents. The bottle doesn't usually leak unless I fail to close it properly, but having the bottle outside the main compartment is a nice safety blanket.

Volunteer Moderator
    I am not too sure what the problem is - I can fit a 1L SIGG bottle, or the 22oz LifeFactory bottle inside one of the pouch pockets of the Imago no problem...

Are you referring to one of the two gusseted pockets along the inside front of the Imago? It never occurred to me to try to put my water bottle into one of those. I must try it.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Can't you put the bottle in the non-flap side of the Imago? It might be a bit loose but then it would be separated from the main pouch.

Have you tried the flask style Sigg bottles? We have one for the dogs and it should fit in the smaller pocket outside the main pouch but under the flap.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Thank you for the suggestions. It seriously hadn't occurred to me to use the internal pocket for some reason. It's not a secure fit but if I wedge something in there with the small bottle it stays upright. If I make another TB order I'll get the stuff sack, that would have the added advantage of being waterproof, I guess.

The non-flap side is big enough to hold a water bottle but it makes it awkward to wear the Imago. I prefer it to be flat on that side.

I put my water bottle & other food-containing objects in a medium stuff sack. It's not perfect, and things move around quite a bit, but it works out for my purposes.

On the topic of water bottles, does anyone know if the larger (22oz.) Life Factory bottle will fit in the Synapse water bottle pocket? Or just the smaller 16oz? Thanks!

[QUOTE=celos;26698]I use an 8-inch key strap inside my Medium Cafe Bag to secure a loop-top Klean Kanteen (18 oz. size). I clip both ends of the strap to an O-Ring and thread it through the loop on the cap. Works pretty well to keep the bottle upright. I can even flip the whole bottle outside of the bag, organizer pouch-style, if I'm rooting around inside for something.

I do sort of the same thing celos does. I have a tall thin thermos I can fit in my medium Cafe bag. I put one clip of a short key strap on each O ring. It holds the thermos in place, more or less. Its loose but keeps it sitting upright. If I tied a knot in the key strap it would hold it a bit better I think.
    Take it easy,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    On the topic of water bottles, does anyone know if the larger (22oz.) Life Factory bottle will fit in the Synapse water bottle pocket? Or just the smaller 16oz? Thanks!
    The 22 fits just fine. There is plenty of room, but mine seemed to almost slightly want to cling to the sides. A twist, and the comdensation on the bottle allowed it to quickly and easily slip in!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0