Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ceb

Thread: What bag?

ceb

What bag?

No, that's not the name of a British luggage magazine, but a question.

With my Western Flyer I got a #5 Brain Cell (about 4 more brain cells than I have) but I'll probably need an extra computer bag.

What is the smallest bag that:

Doesn't have a flap that needs to be opened to get to the computer section
    Fits the Brain Cell
    Has a couple of pockets for phones and an easy to get to pocket for a paperback book.

Thanks

You may want to look at the Zephyr. It does have a flap but the brain cell goes in the main zippered section.

ceb
    Yes, I was looking at that too, but was hoping for something smaller. A flap is fine as long as I don't have to undo it to get to the computer.

ceb
    Screw smaller. How much bigger does the Empire Builder seem over the Zephyr seems? I'm looking for real life "the EB seems hue" or "the EB doesn't feel much larger." The more I read about those bags the better they sound.
    Janine likes this.

The Beloved just got himself an EB. We don't have a Zephyr so can't compare sadly.

For our car trip this weekend (holiday weekend in Australia), it held a 17in mbp in braincell, various chargers and whatnots in pouches, plus a bunch of magazines in the back pocket. I carried it in when we returned and it weighed more (8.2kg) than I want to tote but the B says he loves it.

It did tend to fall on its face when set down (sign of a good weekend perhaps?) but that can most probably be fixed with better packing.

It is a very well built bag.
    List under construction ....

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    The Beloved just got himself an EB. We don't have a Zephyr so can't compare sadly.

For our car trip this weekend (holiday weekend in Australia), it held a 17in mbp in braincell, various chargers and whatnots in pouches, plus a bunch of magazines in the back pocket. I carried it in when we returned and it weighed more (8.2kg) than I want to tote but the B says he loves it.

It did tend to fall on its face when set down (sign of a good weekend perhaps?) but that can most probably be fixed with better packing.

It is a very well built bag.
    Thanks Daisy. I trust you had a good weekend too, but didn't take a nosedive.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Screw smaller.
    Hahahahaha!

I find these threads incredibly helpful for deciding between the Zephyr and Empire Builder:

Empire Builder & Zephyr: A Comparison, Part I

Empire Builder & Zephyr: A Comparison, Part II
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

ceb
    Katy;

You're just trying to get me to buy one of each...

From the reviews I'm actually leaning towards the Zephyr too. My Western Flyer should be arriving today with a passel of extra stuff so maybe that'll make my decision easier.

Cheers
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0