Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Q about Ristretto for 13" Macbook/Air

Hi,

i'm thinking about buying a "Ristretto for 13'' Macbook". It would mainly serve as a bag for my Ipad and university stuff. However sometimes i also want carry my Unibody 15'' Macbookpro with me.

The spec says: Overall measurements: 14.5 x 11.75 x 4.75
    370 x 300 x 120mm. The Padded compartment is 8mm thick.
    My Macbook has 364 x 249 x 22mm.

Is there any reason why my Macbook wouldnt fit? I am not talking about comfort or beauty, just about getting it inside if i need it.

thanks and greetings from germany

- tom

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Not sure here. For certain your 15" MBP won't fit in the padded section. My 13" MBP fits very neatly and there's not much room left. It might fit in the the main pouch (certainly your dimensions would say so), but you'd get next to nothing else in with it. I love both my Ristrettos, but might you not be better off considering the Imago?

I would be very surprised if you managed to fit a 15" MBP in a Ristretto, unibody or otherwise. There's no way I could ever fit my pre-unibody MBP 15 in mine. My CR-48 fits perfectly, however. :-)

@LarryA - Had to look that reference up. Anyone else think the model name sounds suspiciously like a firearm?
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

No firearm, just a small ChromeOS-based laptop that Google distributed to get some real-world testing. I see what you mean, though. :-)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0