Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Synapse Question

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    Anybody know whether there is provision in the Synapse for a Camelbak or other hydration system bladder?
    i haven't tried this, but i think you could put a bladder into the water bottle pocket of the synapse and then route the hydration tube through the clip on the backpack straps of the synapse.

I must confess that I was not the first to call the Synapse a TARDIS bag. The original reference is in a blog called ( hilariously and appropriately "But she's a girl! [femina geekoides]). The link is here BSAG The TARDIS bag
    Katy and Janine like this.

Bwahahaha! That makes me want a Synapse even more. :-)
    Katy likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thank you for the comments and Maverick, thank you for fixing the image link... I'll have to figure out that one.

Glad I was able to get one more on board for the Synapse train!!! If you are traveling around the Northeast, the White mountains area of New Hampshire is great to visit!
    Happy shooting on your trip! The trusty Canon 40D can still do great images!

Jannilee, it's good to know the origins on the TARDIS quote... It rings true for this bag!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    Anybody know whether there is provision in the Synapse for a Camelbak or other hydration system bladder?
    hi yonkdaddy!

i have been carrying a 3 liter platypus (though i've only been filling it to 2 liters) in the open top pocket in the main compartment of the synapse, and that has worked out well! i just have the tube come out the top of my synapse. i guide the tube down the backpack strap and clip it so that i can easily get at it.

i don't know how my approach would work in a down pour.

what if there was an opening at the top of the synapse that closed via some aplix? you could have a sort of rubber gasket there that would fit around the tube, so the tube could get out, but water couldn't get in if you got caught in the rain.

Hi Everyone,

I just got my Synapse yesterday. I really like the design. However, the side and bottom of the main compartment do not have Dyneema/nylon fabric. I wonder why. It would be looking nicer and holding the bottom better.

What your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Luan

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi yonkdaddy!

i have been carrying a 3 liter platypus (though i've only been filling it to 2 liters) in the open top pocket in the main compartment of the synapse, and that has worked out well! i just have the tube come out the top of my synapse. i guide the tube down the backpack strap and clip it so that i can easily get at it.

i don't know how my approach would work in a down pour.

what if there was an opening at the top of the synapse that closed via some aplix? you could have a sort of rubber gasket there that would fit around the tube, so the tube could get out, but water couldn't get in if you got caught in the rain.
    Hey Mav... Yup, I think that most packs can carry a bladder. All that would really be needed to really set up the Synapse (or any TB backpack) would be a little loop at the inside top of the main compartment (the Camelbak bladders have a little hook that can catch that loop, thus holding them upright as they drain) and a port made of overlapping elastic fabric. Pretty simple mods that would really increase the versatility of the packs.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0