Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TXGirl

Thread: Small or Medium Pouch

Small or Medium Pouch

Hello all I received my med black/steel cafe bag in Friday & love it! i went back and forth between a bag from Waterfield or Tom Bihn & Tom Bihn won When I placed my order I only purchased a mini pouch along with my bag & now I realize how convenient the pouches are. I plan on placing another order tonight for additional pouches & key straps.

My question..I want to get a pouch for my iPad adapter & cord along with my HTC cell phone adapter & cord, would a small pouch work to fit them all in one or should I get a medium?

I am going to say get both. One can never have enough Tom Bihn Pouches.

I do not have an iPad but my own cell phone adapter is quite bulky, so I think a Medium Pouch would be best.

I agree with backpack -- you can never have too many pouches. But I'd find the small pouch pretty cramped for an iPad adapter. I use a medium for the iPad adapter, cable, VGA adapter, ethernet adapter, earphones. So my guess is a medium would work for you.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

If your adapter is similar to the one I have that came with my HTC Incredible, then both items should fit in a small. I just tried it with that adapter and an ipad adapter and they fit in there without any problem.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Hello all I received my med black/steel cafe bag in Friday & love it! i went back and forth between a bag from Waterfield or Tom Bihn & Tom Bihn won When I placed my order I only purchased a mini pouch along with my bag & now I realize how convenient the pouches are. I plan on placing another order tonight for additional pouches & key straps.

My question..I want to get a pouch for my iPad adapter & cord along with my HTC cell phone adapter & cord, would a small pouch work to fit them all in one or should I get a medium?
    The recent blog post showing new photos of clear organizer pouches shows an iPad adapter with attached sync cable inside a small clear organizer pouch. If you want to carry the extension cord along with your HTC cell phone adapter & cord, you might might want to consider a medium organizer pouch.

Thanks for all the feedback! I placed an order for the mini dyneema pouches in every color & I'm sure soon I'll be placing another order for a small & medium pouch. You would think it wouldn't take very long to order pouches but it literally takes me hours to figure what sizes I want & what color. As previously mentioned, you can never have enough pouches
    Jenne likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Though it may seem profligate, you should buy a mini, small and medium in different materials and work from there. You'll be suprised what will and won't fit in each. In no time you'll no doubt amass a pile of them, each for a different job. I've only been a TB user since the end of last year and I've 12 so far! One large (won't fit in the medium cafe pouch i think), 2 medium clear (1 dyneema, 1 cordura), 2 small clear (dyneema & cordura), 1 pen & pencil clear (cordura), 'super drive' padded, small padded, mini padded, 2 organiser wallets (cork & cordura) and my FOT (ultrasuede). Plus a clear quarter pouch. Oh and about ten assorted key-straps to go with them!

The new Co-Pilot video also shows an ipad charger in a mini pouch. I am just beginning to figure out uses for the different pouches.

Well I ended up placing another order tonight. I saw on their FB page that the Cork bags/accessories were running low so I placed an order for a small Cork pouch & a small Cordura pouch requesting if possible in the Wasabi color.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Consider a medium solar dyneema pouch. I like it because it gives me enough room to add a few adapters (iPad, iPhone, MBA, etc.) and the bright color reminds me of the contents. If you don't use all of the space, the pouch crushes down in your bag to fit smaller spaces as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Consider a medium solar dyneema pouch. I like it because it gives me enough room to add a few adapters (iPad, iPhone, MBA, etc.) and the bright color reminds me of the contents. If you don't use all of the space, the pouch crushes down in your bag to fit smaller spaces as well.
    You're right I got sidetracked forgot my medium pouch. Sent an email to CS to see if they could add a medium Iberian pouch to my order

Lots of great points made here! I agree with all of 'em. I carry my iPhone 4 car and wall chargers (interchangeable with iPad chargers) in a medium solar Dyneema pouch, and my earbuds in a mini solar Dyneema. Personal items (mirror, lip balm, tea) go in a medium Iberian Dyneema, and they all fit into a medium Stuff Sack, along with any other miscellaneous items I don't want floating around the bottom of my bag (Circa PDA, pen, receipts. This way my techie stuff is color coded in Solar and easy to grab quickly.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0