iPad and 13" Ristretto

Just got my 13" Ristretto and I'm absolutely loving it! Easily holds my 13" Macbook Air, iPad 2 and all my cables and accessories while staying streamlined and easy to carry with me everywhere I go. It is now my mobile office!

Curious where everyone places their iPads in the Ristretto. It easily fits in the 13" main pouch on the other side of the Macbook but I like to have it a bit easier to access. It actually fits perfectly in the large zippered pocket and is very easy to grab there. I'm just worried about the zipper eventually scratching the iPad. Anyone have suggestions on how to modify that pouch so the iPad is safe from the zipper?

I have included a picture below that illustrates my ideal configuration. Thanks guys!

Has anyone tried putting the iPad 2 Vertical Cache pouch (The Cache: laptop protection with minimal bulk: TOM BIHN) in zippered pocket on the 13" Ristretto? Just from eyeing it looks like it should fit...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Just tried this: the iPad 2 in its Vertical Cache will fit in the main compartment of the 13" Ristretto (in front of the built-in padded compartment), in the open-top back pocket, or in the open top front pouch in front of the zippered compartment, but NOT in the zippered compartment. IMO, the ideal place for the iPad in its Cache would be in the main compartment.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0