Absolute Shoulder strap - length

I just received my Navy/Steel Ristretto (Looks amazing) for iPad with the Absolute Shoulder Strap. I have had the Ristretto before, but initially just the regular strap. This is my first experience with the Absolute strap and for the most part I like it. I like the build quality and the shoulder pad, but there is one negative I found with this strap.

The nylon webbing strap that is provided is just not long enough. I like to wear my bag right below the hip, and for me to do it with this strap I had to adjust the bag to it's lowest possible position and I'm not an overly tall man (6' 1").

Anyone else running into this issue? If so, please share.
    Last edited by JD78; 04-16-2011 at 06:08 AM.

I'm 5'10", and I had to adjust it to the maximum extended position also in order to get a comfortable fit on my Ristretto. Same thing with the permanently attached strap on my Medium Cafe Bag. This might be because I'm a bit broad-shouldered and heavily built, but it seems like a bit more length on the straps would be a good thing.

TB's site advertises the Absolute shoulder strap being 6" longer than the standard, but from personal experience I know the standard strap is longer. I ordered the Absolute strap based on the website info, and now customer service wants me to pay return shipping and then exchange shipping for the strap that comes standard with the bag. Not really happy with that or that it takes a week each time to respond to the last two emails.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
    TB's site advertises the Absolute shoulder strap being 6" longer than the standard, but from personal experience I know the standard strap is longer. I ordered the Absolute strap based on the website info, and now customer service wants me to pay return shipping and then exchange shipping for the strap that comes standard with the bag. Not really happy with that or that it takes a week each time to respond to the last two emails.
    We can't seem to find where on our site we mention an exact length for the Standard Strap. If you can tell us where that information is, that would be great. We'll be looking into and updating the exact lengths of our shoulder straps over the next few days as needed.

I understand that our customer service crew have responded to your email -- I hope that your concerns have been answered. If not, please let us know! We apologize for the delay in response to your emails. Things have been busier than usual here, and we're working on implementing new systems and training new staff to help with the increase in the number of phone calls and emails.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We can't seem to find where on our site we mention an exact length for the Standard Strap. If you can tell us where that information is, that would be great. We'll be looking into and updating the exact lengths of our shoulder straps over the next few days as needed.

I understand that our customer service crew have responded to your email -- I hope that your concerns have been answered. If not, please let us know! We apologize for the delay in response to your emails. Things have been busier than usual here, and we're working on implementing new systems and training new staff to help with the increase in the number of phone calls and emails.
    I was mistaken. The length I was looking at was the simple strap, not the standard. My statement of the standard strap being longer than the absolute is however based on personal experience from previously owning the standard to now owning the absolute.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I have exactly the same issue. I love my 2 absolute straps, but at 6'2" I would love them even more if they were a little longer.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0