Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By maverick
  • 1 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: A smaller freudian slip??

nan

Lightbulb A smaller freudian slip??

Any chance on that? I currently have a vertical freudian slip that was awesome - I suppose it still is but since I use my tinier bags (imago/large cafe) almost full time, the slip is pinned to the wall next to my desk. Doesn't that seem wrong to you?? It should be on the road, with me!

I haven't had the chance to try out the horizontal slip.. I know it's smaller than the vertical. However its dimensions are listed on the website as 14.8" x 11.8" x .50" - just a tad bigger than the imago's dimensions. I feel like I'd have to really cram it in there to make it fit! That is, if I could fit it in there at all.

So this all leads me to my question, how about a smaller freudian slip? I know I could use organizing pouches, etc... but it's just not the same! How wonderful would it be to be able to quickly switch between my cafe bag and imago with ease knowing that all of my essentials are still nicely organized?

Think about it, will ya? Then please name it after me.
    Last edited by nan; 04-13-2011 at 10:29 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We agree! A smaller Freudian Slip is on Tom's design list, but we don't yet know when it will be released.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Synapse size would be nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We agree! A smaller Freudian Slip is on Tom's design list, but we don't yet know when it will be released.
    Yay! I'll get one!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I will be interested in getting one as well, I hope it will work in the swifts and the Synapse!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Volunteer Moderator

Saturday Morning Doodlings

I was thinking about a smaller Freudian Slip this morning and started doodling.

I thought about what essentials I might want this Freudian Slip to hold - I know this varies for each person... phone, wallet, keys. Perhaps a pen, lip balm, earphones.

The Vertical and Horizontal Freudian Slip both accommodate files on one side. Perhaps the Smaller Freudian Slip would accommodate the iPad mini or iPad Air. Or maybe it would just accommodate a junior size pad/notebook, allowing you to place the iPad in a Cache.

I drew this based on the Vertical Freudian Slip layout, except I moved the mesh pockets to the top. Maybe those two pockets shouldn't be mesh (I don't know how keys and mesh will play together). But I like the ideas of the keys being on the top (in one of those mesh or not mesh pockets).

Not sure about the o-rings - everyone loves o-rings, so you could add one, perhaps even two, o-rings - a key strap + keys can be attached to one.

I like 420d pack cloth for the Freudian Slip.

Sorry, the drawing is pretty light.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -m

Love the O-Rings that you included!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I was thinking about a smaller Freudian Slip this morning and started doodling.

What do you think?
    I think that the iPhone and Wallet pockets would be better as 1, to accommodate the increasing size of smartphones, and to give the user greater versatility. It's really neat to see the pattern drawn around real objects. I am not a visual thinker, so this helps the idea really come to life!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I think that the iPhone and Wallet pockets would be better as 1, to accommodate the increasing size of smartphones, and to give the user greater versatility. It's really neat to see the pattern drawn around real objects. I am not a visual thinker, so this helps the idea really come to life!
    Good point - some phones are larger.

I also like that this would allow me to fit in my hand cream!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How about one the is vertical on one side and horizontal on the other with room for files in the center?
    Moose
    Ilkyway likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

For me, the whole point of the FS is to protect papers in file folders.

For me, the whole point of the FS is to give my backpack some backbone and to use the space more efficient. I love that I can have small items that are not at the bottem of the bag (where there is everything else) but at the top where most of the time there is lot of air and nothing else. To be able to protect paper is a bonus but there are many ways to accomplish this and most of the time I do not carry paper.

I do not mean to contradict you ilikepie especially on your first post. (Welcome by the way!) I just ment to but in some different perspective as there are always so many.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0