View Poll Results: Which bag would be better for me?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Id

4 33.33%
  • Imago

8 66.67%

Id vs. Imago, Tom Bihn Evangelist Cards?

Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I have participated in the forums, although I have remained a TB devotee. We currently have the Buzz, 2 Aeronauts, Large Cafe, Medium Cafe, Empire Builder and an assortment of cubes. I find the Buzz to be just a bit too casual and awkward to use while traveling with the Aeronaut and as my packing skills have increased, I now find the EB to be far too large for my needs.

The Large Cafe is close, but it's a bit too much like a purse for me and I'd prefer a laptop bag in a messenger style for work travel. Also, the bag is a little small for my needs. My work is not terribly formal, so I think either the Id or Imago will work fine. I travel with a netbook, so I'm just wondering which bag would be better. I like the Id a lot, but I'm concerned it's still too big. However, in looking at the pictures, I'm concerned the Imago is not either not large enough or again, has a purse-like quality. I've not seen either in person, so I wonder if anyone here would have a suggestion?

Also, we need some Tom Bihn Evangelist business cards. I probably tell at least 5-10 people each trip to get a Tom Bihn bag. It would be easier just to hand them a card!

I can't believe I'm actually considering buying another bag. My wife will stage an intervention when she finds out.
    Proud owner of the sapphire/steel Buzz, crimson Aeronaut, steel/crimson Empire Builder, two Absolute Straps, steel Brain Cell, quarter convertible packing cube, and a variety of other packing cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by ellismc View Post
    Also, we need some Tom Bihn Evangelist business cards. I probably tell at least 5-10 people each trip to get a Tom Bihn bag. It would be easier just to hand them a card!
    You can always save the little cards that come attached to your new TB bags. Or if you ask Darcy real nicely, maybe she can send you a handful of the tags in your next shipment? They're square and not a standard business card size, but it's made of stiff cardstock and should well. Mostly, you want something with their URL and the little airplane logo, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ellismc View Post
    I can't believe I'm actually considering buying another bag. My wife will stage an intervention when she finds out.
    Orrrr you can be like me and just buy the stuff and have them delivered to you at work. And then just casually bring them home after you take them out of their packaging, like you've always had them. I do that. Either hubby doesn't notice, or he does--and just doesn't mention anything. Tee hee!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    What will you carry besides your Netbook?

Cards are an idea we've played around with for a few years now -- maybe we can make it real in the next couple months!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Cards would be great! I get asked all the time about my Tom Bihn bags, and once I mention the social responsibility and Made in the USA factors, people are even more interested.

But I know myself that I often intend to check out a website that I hear about and then forget exactly what it was called and how to find it.

I promise I'd carry and use cards if they were included with purchases!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I promise I'd carry and use cards if they were included with purchases!
    We'll definitely work on this! We're ordering new business cards for everyone with our new address, so it's the perfect time.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It might be cool to include a QR code on the card so people who have phones with QR reader software can just take a picture of the code.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    It might be cool to include a QR code on the card so people who have phones with QR reader software can just take a picture of the code.
    It's getting hard to surprise you guys!

Darcy,

Other than my netbook, I carry a pad of paper, charger for laptop and phone, a book, some work brochures, mp3 player, headphones, energy bar or two for when I get stranded, and a bottle of water. Maybe a few other small items that I can't recall now, but it's not overwhelming.

As for the cards, I'm thrilled to hear that you're considering these! I can't wait to see them. Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Proud owner of the sapphire/steel Buzz, crimson Aeronaut, steel/crimson Empire Builder, two Absolute Straps, steel Brain Cell, quarter convertible packing cube, and a variety of other packing cubes.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Darcy,
    Could the cards be a radio button when you order? If you need some you select the button, if you don't they don't ship. Or maybe just one. That way if somebody has a few and doesn't need any more the aren't wasted.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by ellismc
    Other than my netbook, I carry a pad of paper, charger for laptop and phone, a book, some work brochures, mp3 player, headphones, energy bar or two for when I get stranded, and a bottle of water. Maybe a few other small items that I can't recall now, but it's not overwhelming.
    I'd recommend the Imago -- you can easily fit everything you've listed in the Imago. Because you're accustomed to the structure of the Empire Builder, I'd steer you towards the 1050d ballistic nylon Imago rather than the 1000d Cordura version. While I don't think the Imago is purse-like at all, I think the ballistic version would be seen as even less so than the Cordura. That said, you're welcome to order both the Imago and ID -- and send back whichever one doesn't work. Let us know what you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Darcy,
    Could the cards be a radio button when you order?
    That's one of the options we're considering. In the beginning, we will likely offer them to folks through the forums.

Paper is disposable, could a tag made of the same material as the luggage tag be made with the logo and website on one side and the clear plastic holder on the other side for a mini business card which would include the logo, website, QR code and other future ways to connect with the site.

We could just wear that little tag in our bags and have people read or scan them when they ask or we tell them about the bags.

If a person looks really interested, the Tom Bihn Fan could say "You can have it" and hand out the little plastic tag or just the mini business card in the back of it.

People could have their own mini business card made in the same format and hand them out at the same time.

At the end of the day, when the person thin out the give away paperwork, they will keep your contact info as the "Tom Bihn fan", a win/win situation for everybody involved.

Ok, I'm going to give the Imago a shot. Unfortunately, it's backordered also. I'll look forward to it when it's available, though. Thanks for the help!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0