Checkpoint Flyer - Opinions needed!

Tom Bihn Fans,
    I currently have a Tom Bihn Empire Builder and Aeronaut. I've got the itch for a new bag and I am currently looking at the Checkpoint Flyer. I'm in a job (military) which has me traveling more and I always take a laptop with me.

I'm interested in any thoughts or opinions you may have. Thanks so much!

Sully

Thumbs up

I love my CheckPoint Flyer and now use it as my everyday briefcase. There's room enough that it functions as my portable office. Not only can I take my laptop (original MacBook Air), iPad, and accessories everywhere, but I can also take what I need for most court appearances and depositions (paper, files, and treatises). Whenever I need more room, my Tri-Star serves as my trial bag. And it's great for air travel, of course. You might want to consider the Freudian Slip, Absolute Strap, and some organizer pouches. I got my CheckPoint Flyer in black, and I find it to have a very professional look. I highly recommend it.

Woodstock,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post! I appreciate it. I've been eying the Checkpoint Flyer for years and I'm about ready to pull the trigger but wanted to hear from you all who own them and use them daily.

Thanks again!

Sully

Thumbs up Also is TSA approved

I don't have the Flyer, but since you are starting to travel, it is perfect for TSA screening. You don't have to remove your laptop.
    Less hassle for you at the airport.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Super Moderator
    Advice: If you get the Flyer, go for the cushy strap, or plan to use a 3d party cushy strap. Makes it much nicer to carry around! I don't know why, but it seems to make a bigger difference (for me) on the Flyer than on the bigger bags. Too, the Flyer has no backpack straps if one shoulder gets too sore, so it's a good place to go for the good stuff.

I don't yet have a Ristretto to make the comparison, but so far, the Flyer is the best under-seat airplane bag I've encountered. The outer curved pocket is perfect for my Sony noise-cancelling headphones, too. And if you have a staging area to hold *other* stuff, it makes a great bag for an overnight trip; I actually took a weekend trip from Jerusalem to Petra, Jordan with that as my sole bag -- however, I left the laptop behind on that trip, and used the notebook case to hold underwear, socks, etc

timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 04-20-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added a bit ;)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0