Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Does anyone else find it REALLY ANNOYING

To see pics of a bag you want, but the color combination isn't available?

Western flyer in indigo - not there.
    Packing cube backpack in solar - not available either.
    Zephyr in black/indigo/steel - nope.

No, I'm not likely to buy all of them, but it seems like whatever the main photo of a product shows is not available.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yeah, we find it annoying, too. We're doing our best and you should see new product photos as well as a new version of our website soon (sometime in 2011.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the update, Darcy. I am looking forward to seeing the new product photos!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yeah, we find it annoying, too. We're doing our best and you should see new product photos as well as a new version of our website soon (sometime in 2011.)
    That's great news, at first I was a annoyed by it, but then I started to use google image search and the flicker group to shop by and that helped me immensely. For many of the ones I was curious about I was able to find a picture of somebody else's bag and that helped. It was extremely time consuming, but it not only allowed me to see different color combinations, but scale pictures of the bags in use next to common sized things, or on people who identified their height/size.
    Darcy and Tom, another consideration would be to have at least one of the pictures in the rollover to show the item in use on/with a person. Or if it's a smaller accessory, model it with scale items, like you have started to do, that we all can gauge the size by.
    For me, that has been one of my biggest concerns and considerations when I have been looking, is how will this bag fit me or my things. The more TB I acquire, the more my fears are dispelled, because the bags seem to look great and hold more than I was trying to fit no matter what. But as a newbie, I needed to feel as though the bags wouldn't dwarf me, and yet would hold my contents and the measurements alone weren't enough for my spatially challenged brain to figure out. The packing lists of others i the forums helped, the ones on the site helped, and scale pictures helped.
    I know that this is a huge job to get all of the pictures of all of the bag color combinations attached to each page, plus shots that show the bag details and in use. I know that many of the pictures posted with a person are customers. Is it possible that each page could have a customer photo used for this purpose? I think it might add an element of warmness and friendliness to your pages and also show the diversity of uses for your products.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

The new product pages that we designed have room for photos of people wearing the bags, customer photos, and videos. Plus lots more!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Well stated Dorayme! Cheers Darcy for all your efforts. Looking forward to seeing new pictures...and to see that some are already in the works!

We just posted a photo album of 14 new bag photos on Facebook. These new photos have already been added to the product pages for the bags. More coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We just posted a photo album of 14 new bag photos on Facebook. These new photos have already been added to the product pages for the bags. More coming soon!
    Yay!
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Darcy, do you think you will offer the Ego in colors besides red and shades of black anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Darcy, do you think you will offer the Ego in colors besides red and shades of black anytime soon?
    Yes! Sometime in the next 2-6 months.

Super Moderator
    I bet the odds are low, but the color I'd like to see is a bright / Kelly green. Something like what I think of as the green answer to the bright red in which the Checkpoint Flyer is offered -- that's what I'd like too see in a new Ego / SuperEgo / Ristretto.

timothy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0