I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

Handle Loop on Facebook

Really like the Handle Loop on Facebook. I've made something to do a similar job for over thirty years. It uses a knot called a Solomon Bar, or sometimes a cobra knot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I once used 27 feet of paracord to make sling with the cobra know. Took me a while i managed it in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I once used 27 feet of paracord to make sling with the cobra know. Took me a while i managed it in the end
    That one's only about ten feet, but bear in mind my right hand is about 80% parylised and my left 50%, so they take a while, but its very satisfying!

Knotting paracord is a great way to while away the time.

And you're right about the satisfaction quotient Eric... It's very satisfying to use something you've created!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

oops .. maybe it was more than 27 feet (i bought 100 feet of the stuff). Oh aye, the finished product is definitely very satisfying. Its one of those projects where you start it and have to just put in that extra knot before going to bed .. and that one know becomes 10 .. then 100 etc.

Fat Crip : WOW! You did that with less than 100% hands! Very impressive!

Is it any wonder with all of this talk of satisfaction from making things with your hands that there are a ton of knitters and other fiber artists on this forum? Maybe you all should take up knitting ;-}
    . . . now I want to go and get some of my 100% hemp yarn and try to make this cobra knot thing.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Is it any wonder with all of this talk of satisfaction from making things with your hands that there are a ton of knitters and other fiber artists on this forum? Maybe you all should take up knitting ;-}
    . . . now I want to go and get some of my 100% hemp yarn and try to make this cobra knot thing.
    It's one of the simplest knots to tie, but quite useful. I've always known it as a Solomon's Bar, but Americans seem to prefer the name of the cobra knot. Have a look on you tube to find out how it works. If you look for 'tying it all together' you'll find an excellent channel with loads and loads of decorative knots to tie.

Eric

This guy is a paracord guru!

You can search his blog for the cobra knot (or Solomon Bar ) or anything else knot-related. A lot of his projects are not only functional, but beautiful as well.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    This guy is a paracord guru!
    Wow! Cool link, thanks for sharing!

Are the hand loops available yet? I could use them.