Zephyr - Front strap on the floor

I love my Zephyr but have one tiny issue with it - the strap on the front which locks the flap shut seems to be a tad too long - if the Zaphyr is somewhat empty, the end of the strap touches the floor. I could imagine that after a lot of travelling, it might get worn a bit. Granted, it's just cosmetics, but I'd still like to avoid it.
    Anything I am doing wrong? If I losen the strap too far, the flap is more loose that I would like.

Jay
    So do you mean the strap touches the floor while you're holding it and walking? How far past the bottom of the bag does the strap go? I've owned an Empire Builder and I currently use a Super Ego and I've never had issues of the strap touching the ground while carrying it.

I have a Super Ego, and when the bag is placed on a surface the strap touched the surface. That is to say, the strap is longer than the end of the bag. My solution was to wrap the strap around itself, thus preventing the loose end from flaying about. I'll take a pic and post it.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Strap Wrap Technique

I wrap the strap around the strap itself at the base of the buckle, and use the flange on the strap to secure it, not locked but works. I have in the past tucked it into itself as well, but find that to be inconvenient when I wish to quickly re-size the strap and such. YMMV. Below are some pics illustrating the above. Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0