Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Aeronaut - but smaller....maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    bbcamp: "why can't one simply under-pack the existing Aeronaut?" Good question. Example: the July 8 blog picture, "Going Up the Wudang Mountains with the Aeronaut (Photo by eVolcre)."
    For me, it's like clothes: you want to get the right size for you or else it looks untidy :-)
    Other reasons, I suppose, would be that underpacking the bag will causes its contents to move around in the bag. Also, as mentioned, it might not qualify as a carry-on for international flights (although I guess what you're saying is that you could smush it up to make it qualify? Still, this seems kind of annoying when you could just have the right sized bag to begin with :-)

I'm getting ready to order the Aeronaut (in the basket, just waiting to press that button!) but will hold off a short time if this smaller version will be out soon. Any updates? Thanks!
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcarroll55 View Post
    I'm getting ready to order the Aeronaut (in the basket, just waiting to press that button!) but will hold off a short time if this smaller version will be out soon. Any updates? Thanks!
    No updates to the Aeronaut are planned, and we don't know when a smaller version might be available.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wow, Darcy, that's very sad to hear, and such at turnaround from March.

Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We hear you! A smaller Aeronaut has been on Tom's mind for quite some time -- we hope to introduce it soon.
    This is great news! I was one of those who requested a smaller Aeronaut many months ago. I've been waiting eagerly for Tom to announce it. I can guarantee at least one customer (myself) for the new bag once it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We hear you! A smaller Aeronaut has been on Tom's mind for quite some time -- we hope to introduce it soon.
    Hi Darcy, any news on the smaller Aeronaut project?
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

See Darcy's initial post
    "Note this means that the debut of the smaller Aeronaut is also slightly delayed: the bag is done, we're just waiting to get more 200d Dyneema/nylon to line 'em with."

from this forum thread: We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon

I think there's more info in another thread, but I don't remember which at the moment.

Thanks hamiltee! Just read the post.

Do you know if there is any given date for the debut of the smaller aeronaut?

Sent from my Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 04-16-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

No date has been given.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0