Cork products to Australia

I have long admired the lovely cork finish available on some Tom Bihn bags. One thing I have always wondered is whether anyone has ever tried getting any of it into Australia. We have extremely strict quarantine laws here, and getting wood products and the like into Australia can be very difficult.

So, has anyone ever succeeded in getting a cork Tom Bihn bag into Australia?

It is heavily processed so it won't be a problem.

I haven't actually done it, mind you.

Audrey

I've taken a cork and ballistic Imago into Australia as part of my baggage and didn't get hassled when I came into the country. Not to say that it couldn't happen, though.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Thanks Flitcraft, that's very useful to know!

I had a couple of cork pouches shipped to Australia as part of my Tom Bihn order no problem. I also took them on a trip to US & Canada with me. It never even occurred to me that I should declare them.

Jonathan

I have been worrying about this for well over a year now, and I really shouldn't have bothered.

Message to self: Chill...